Oklahoma woman was mauled to death last week by a pack of dachshun terriers

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am not a fan of big government but these stories of people getting mauled make me wonder whether some breeds should be regulated. Just the other day I was walking into the liqour store and a guy in line had his German Shepard with him. All I was doing was walking in. The owner was barely able to pull back on the leash. And the guy did not think it was a big deal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklaho...all-dogs/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=51835227

ARDMORE, Okla. -- An Oklahoma woman was mauled to death last week by seven small dogs -- most of them possibly a dachshund-terrier mix. Now, authorities are investigating whether criminal charges should be filed in the wake of the incident.

Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant said 52-year-old Tracy Garcia was killed near her home outside Ardmore, about 90 miles south of Oklahoma City. He said the dogs each weighed less than 40 pounds and that they belonged to one of Garcia's neighbors.

Police shot one dog and the rest were euthanized at an animal shelter.

The dogs' exact breeds are unknown, but shelter euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie told television station KXII that six of the dogs appeared to be a dachshund and terrier mix, while the seventh appeared to be a border collie mix.

"There were seven dogs -- three were females, four of them were males," Dinwiddie said. "They all ranged from probably a year to about three years (old)." She also said they had fleas and ticks, adding: "you can tell they have been living out in the woods."

The case will be turned over to the District Attorney's office for review, Bryant said, KXII reported.

Really bad attempt at a troll thread.

This story is exactly why I carry.

With a 33 round mag.

glock%2026%20full%20automatic%2033%20round%20magazine.jpg

Little dogs are annoying as shit.

Little dogs are annoying as shit.

I am not a animal person. I personally would be perfectly happy in a world were animals were something you see in the woods and on farms. I do feed a stray cat that comes by but that is the extent of my interaction with animals.

I am not a animal person. I personally would be perfectly happy in a world were animals were something you see in the woods and on farms.
I'm like that too, only with people.

I am not a fan of big government but these stories of people getting mauled make me wonder whether some breeds should be regulated. Just the other day I was walking into the liqour store and a guy in line had his German Shepard with him. All I was doing was walking in. The owner was barely able to pull back on the leash. And the guy did not think it was a big deal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklaho...all-dogs/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=51835227

ARDMORE, Okla. -- An Oklahoma woman was mauled to death last week by seven small dogs -- most of them possibly a dachshund-terrier mix. Now, authorities are investigating whether criminal charges should be filed in the wake of the incident.

Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant said 52-year-old Tracy Garcia was killed near her home outside Ardmore, about 90 miles south of Oklahoma City. He said the dogs each weighed less than 40 pounds and that they belonged to one of Garcia's neighbors.

The dogs' exact breeds are unknown, but shelter euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie told television station KXII that six of the dogs appeared to be a dachshund and terrier mix, while the seventh appeared to be a border collie mix.

"There were seven dogs -- three were females, four of them were males," Dinwiddie said. "They all ranged from probably a year to about three years (old)." She also said they had fleas and ticks, adding: "you can tell they have been living out in the woods."

The case will be turned over to the District Attorney's office for review, Bryant said, KXII reported.

Also - Lol. Thinly-veiled pit bull thread.

150203142806-natpkg-pit-bull-dachshund-mix-00004025-exlarge-169.jpg

I am not a animal person. I personally would be perfectly happy in a world were animals were something you see in the woods and on farms. I do feed a stray cat that comes by but that is the extent of my interaction with animals.

What an Animal!

Read this story a few days ago. Leash laws? Failure to properly keep the animals on the neighbors property?

Oh, turns out the "terrier" part of that mix is pit bull terrier. That answers some questions.

Read this story a few days ago. Leash laws? Failure to properly keep the animals on the neighbors property?

Oh, turns out the "terrier" part of that mix is pit bull terrier. That answers some questions.

Source?

Charge the neighbor with manslaughter

I've come to realize that my views on gun control can be applied to animal control and safety

Don't ban the breed but make the owner of each responsible for the actions of their property.

Leave your deadly weapon unsecured and it's used to kill or injure a person? Negligent homicide/assault. Your dog kills or injures someone? That negligence is still on you and you should be charged with the consequences of your pet/belonging

Well dogs are a good judge of character. You must be a real pos for a German Shepard to not trust you

If someone is murdered by a wiener dog does it become a rape/murder?

lmao, is that true??? I read the thread in mayberry about this, but the terrier breed wasn't being discussed in the thread. That would be perfect.

lmao, is that true??? I read the thread in mayberry about this, but the terrier breed wasn't being discussed in the thread. That would be perfect.

There was a picture of the dogs in one of the articles (all deceased) and it was really hard to tell, but they did not look like pitbulls to me.

But it was a pack of wild dogs that had been living in the woods infected with ticks and lice. A pack of wild anythings can cause serious damage to an out of shape 52 year old woman. I'd be willing to bet 6 angry squirrels could have taken her down.

There was a picture of the dogs in one of the articles (all deceased) and it was really hard to tell, but they did not look like pitbulls to me.

But it was a pack of wild dogs that had been living in the woods infected with ticks and lice. A pack of wild anythings can cause serious damage to an out of shape 52 year old woman. I'd be willing to bet 6 angry squirrels could have taken her down.

I know. But there are certain poster who would have loved this story, to post in the next pit bull attack thread.. so long as these arent actually mixed with pits. Just ironicish.

What I don't understand is that it said the owned consented to putting the dogs down, and that she MIGHT be tried? I don't get the might part. Wouldnt she not only be responsible for at least negligent manslaughter or something for the woman? In addition to what seems like obvious animal abuse?

I only read the story when it first came out tho, and havent read updates. So maybe they did decide to charge her, or more details about the dogs came out. When I read it, it didn't even mention the ticks and lice, just that they had obviously been outside for an extended period, due to all the dirt and shit in their fur, but that they had an owner who agreed to put them all down.

Back