Old movies

Carpenter's The Thing and Cronenberg's The Fly are remake masterpieces.

I already like you. The Fly also belongs to my favourites. Great acting from the leads and gritty style from Croneberg. From the creative side of his that converge with his own madness in Videodrome 1983, or the handling of real mental illness in Spider 2001. To try new horizon with solid gritty directing in Eastern Promises 2007. A very fine director that can do it all.

Gotta love Polanski (Besides the whole pedo thing). The Tenant is a great film he made he back in the day. I tell this story all the time and I don't know where I read it, if it's true and I can't find it anywhere on google but anyway it goes - Polanski and Kubrick were at some party together and Kubrick was telling Polanski how much he loved The Tenant. Polanski replied by saying Barry Lyndon was one of his favourite films. Anyway the result of this was Polanski making Tess as his Barry Lyndon, and Kubrick making The Shining as his The Tenant

That's a great shout. Top, top film

Some other great ones

040430050925_l-214x300.jpg

nights-of-cabiria-movie-poster-1957-1020200900.jpg

all_about_eve_poster.jpg

Ace_in_the_Hole_2949.jpg

fires-on-the-plain-movie-poster-1959-1020452740.jpg

the-life-and-death-of-colonel-blimp.53382.jpg

large_t2u_Euha_VXKGo_Eat_Uv_ACc_GLz_Ye_WN.jpg

Man, post after post, you make me feel like a novice. But that is the beauty of the movie world. You always find something to watch.

From your latest list, it is only the Herzog movie I have seen. But what a movie it is!

Attention, attention to those of you that has not seen Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes 1972. Be prepared for a full one-man show from Klaus Kinski, and when I think about it. Most of his movies are one-man shows. LOL

And while you are it. Watch My Best Fiend: Klaus Kinski 1999, and you will discover some true madness. Hehe

A big, big Hezog fan!

Back