old time sherrdoggers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncolby10

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First let me state that i am very pleased to see this page so popular and that i love new MMA fans i am no snob that things this sport is not cool now that everyone likes it. However sherdog has become flamedog or spampostdog. i have used sherdog exclusively for mma news since before my 2002 sign up date and love the place immensely i was here when the people logged in numbered in the tens on in the hundreds and i dont see any of the names i used to see. I like some of the new people alot juggo comes to mind love the hlights and the person with the third person one i dont remember their name but god additions. However i used to be able to enter the forum and see interesting news or rumors close to being fact now all i see are the (insert legend here), how would he d against chuck liddel or another modern fighter. I am proposing that sherdog not allow a thread from someone who has not been here a year display on the front page. I would also love to see a forum for persons who have been here longer too because i would love to see some posts from people who have probably stopped posting because its a waste of time. PLease do not reply im new and im cool, im sure you are i dont mean you i mean the new people who ruin it for you and me both. For all you tools with the 500 posts in three months and the other post whores who add nothing to this place please enter an amatuer mma event and dont tap when you get choked out go to sleep FOREVER please!

iam old school i was here when their where like 200 tops.i think it would help if they make the first page longer to hold more topics i remember when a topic would say on the front page like 30 minute wvwn with a single post.

Even though the date that I signed up for the forums is more recent, I have been here for a while without ever making a name or posting. I agree with you 100% about who would win, and the other threads like it, which are all listed in the FAQ thread that all new members are supposed to read, but I am sure do not. I think people like this should be yellow carded and then banned, and banned over and over without mercy untill they can act like adults. I admit to flipping out on here from time to time, but you;ve seen the same posts I have. Its hard. I also think that people who start, BJ would have one but... threads or anything like it, that aren't the first or third person to do it, considering they all may be made at the same time following a fight, should be banned.

TINOBAR i dont remeber you specifically but i like what ive seen of your posting it was tuf that brought all the flamers i like to say that they are the macho small penised losers who happened to be at a hooters" for the wings" and boom a ufc was on and dude ive like watched since gracie and you saw yeah when gracie fought... and they say guys bigger than him yeah dude.

I also think sherdog should definetely shut down posting for new people the night of and day after the big events ts absurds the threads that appear.

edit:

i love it
sup how many of your millions posts are that in every other thread hysterical

also to the guy about the BJ would have they should ban more and more people maybe we should take up a collection for a mod to do nothing but ban pay them for the hrs and days after a big fight....

I agree with this thead completely. There are too many threads now with titles like Kenflo is the best p4p ever etc. Nothing annoys me more than people who have been on the forums for less than a month who have a million and a half posts, or people who start threads like "sylvia would get owned by anyone in pride" and just say that he is tall and goofy as their reasoning. Anyway, I don't post half as much as I used to because there are too many people on the boards with little or no knowledge of mma.

For someone whos been here as long as you have, this thread unfortunately quite laughable and stupid.

You want your own private forum so you and your fellow snobs and sit around talk the same nonsense we talk about out here? Get real.

Yes, it would be nice if people knew something before posting. I would support some restrictions, especially regarding starting threads.

edit: your right moment of infedelity just seeing how the other half lives. Ignoring them might work lets start a Kafka or however you spell it hunger strike for a week from today all good people on sherdog do not respond to useless fantasy and ufc vs pride threads and lets see if they go away...

ncolby10 said:
how can i talk about nonsense if i dont post moron thats the point your post is dumb as is most of the 2k you've made you just got owned give up TUF....

also i just hit 200 posts in what 5+ yrs thats like a day in the life you some of you....

I just lost a lot of respect for you. Not only did you give him the reaction that he wanted, but you made yourself look very unintelligent in the way that you typed your reply.

I agree that I don't think you should be able to create a thread until you've reached some kind of requirement...whether it be time or belt color. I say this only because there are TONS of topic repeats almost hourly, I've been guilty of this myself in the past.

I have a more optimistic view of alot of the "500 post in 3 month guys" I think after some more exposure to the sport they will be productive members. Oh well, I'm not the model for the perfect sherdog member myself so what the hell.

I know this is going to lead to an arguemnet with people saying "War old timers!"
Or "Warrrrr Noobs"!

The more mainstream something gets, the more idiots that the hardcore fans will have to tolerate. That's the way she goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back