Older Sherbros, bestow some knowledge on younger guys.

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like every year we look back and realize how naive we were.

By the time folks are seniors, they end up having so much experience and learned so much life lessons, but it's toward the end.

What is something you wish someone would've told your 20 year old self?

Without being "too old" here's a few:

-Invest.
-Don't hold back on doing something you love.
-Eliminate toxic people from your life.
-Follow your dreams/goals, not money.
-Work hard
-Forgive people that did you wrong, wish them well.

Stop smoking you stupid fuck.

Stop procrastinating

Your 20s fly by at the blink of an eye

Stop smoking you stupid fuck.

When we're young we think we're immortal. Later, you start feeling things and stop being so elastic and you realize what older folks were talking about when they say take care of your body.

Stop procrastinating

Your 20s fly by at the blink of an eye

SERIOUSLY!
Young bros, you won't realize this until your 28th birthday and you'll be like "Wtf? I'm almost one of the old 30 year olds"

d43e4210-824b-41c6-92f6-669b1a5e5679_text_hi.gif

That is all.

-Forgive people that did you wrong, wish them well.

I agree with everything. While I won't hold on to being angry at someone (because it'll consume you) I'm not Saint-like enough to wish people well, and I'm okay with that. Like they say "Live well, it's the greatest revenge".

You don’t need a dozen friends, just a couple of good ones.

Don’t be petty. Life is too short to sweat the small unimportant stuff.

Learn to swallow your pride.

Somewhere between “spend like you’re gonna die tomorrow” and “save like scrooge” you will find a way to have your fun and build a future.

Hug your mom and dad. You can’t do that when they’re gone.

When we're young we think we're immortal. Later, you start feeling things and stop being so elastic and you realize what older folks were talking about when they say take care of your body.
I'm glad I managed to quit before my kids were born, I'd hate to be the guy setting that kind of example. Kids of smokers become smokers.

Do one or the other. Either start working hard early or fuck around early. The one allows you to fuck around later, the other requires you to work hard later. The moral of the story here is hard work is mandatory, fucking around is not. Get to work and good luck.

-run a marathon. i didnt do one until my mid 30s but after i finished, it opened up a new perspective on life. running it was 26.2 miles of suck, but it made me think that i could do anything
-be consistent. training/lifting everyday takes effort but after awhile, it becomes second nature. once its second nature, its not a chore anymore
-read more books. nothing wrong with watching tv but turning it off and replacing it with a book is more beneficial
-buy instead of renting.
-be smart with money. i was going through rough times when i was in my mid 20s and had to sell my condo; instead of using the equity wisely, i blew it on booze, coke, and strippers. i think i burned through 20k in a month.... i was having the time of my life back then and did some crazy stuff.... but that money could have been used wisely

Stop fucking your subordinates at work. Except that one, you'll know who.

If you're working a job you hate, find a new one if you can. If you have options, quit. Whatever you do, don't waste your time doing a job you hate if you don't have too. Make it a priority to find a new one. It is very possible to find jobs that aren't shit.

Stop fucking your subordinates at work. Except that one, you'll know who.

wish i never did that. good thing i was in the military when i did; either you rotate out or they will

SERIOUSLY!
Young bros, you won't realize this until your 28th birthday and you'll be like "Wtf? I'm almost one of the old 30 year olds"
i just turned 25 last month and i already feel this way

Do one or the other. Either start working hard early or fuck around early. The one allows you to fuck around later, the other requires you to work hard later. The moral of the story here is hard work is mandatory, fucking around is not. Get to work and good luck.

This is an underrated comment.

Last edited:
Back