Older Sherbros, bestow some knowledge on younger guys.

The path seems difficult when you’re on it, but easy in hindsight. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I had a chainsaw, and it has made all the difference. Make your own path.

I used to be a fucking loser. I washed dishes in a shitty restaurant for years. I then became a line cook for years and shunned my own intelligence and gumption. I was in a dark depression and was willing to just exist in underachievement. I got fed up one day, and took the hard path. I’m a working, educated, fairly high ranking professional in my mid 30s. I’m the youngest person to do what I do in the history of my state. When I look back, the hardest part was getting one foot on the path.
i mean i’m not working jobs THAT shitty thankfully but what did you do? just said fuck it and went to college?

Get your career started early. Keep your record clean, and watch out for crazy women that can help ruin it. Get a whole life policy for peanuts in your early 20s, if you plan on having kids. Don't be afraid to grow up.

Yeah no shit! I turned 30 this past October and was like holyshit! 24 feels like it wasn't that long ago, what happened?
lol the next 5 years is about 1 year. Enjoy.

what do u do when ur only qualified for shit jobs
Trade school; learn a skill. Doesn’t take that long. If you live in the US; move to the oil fields in ND or Texas; you can make 100k a year with no degree or experience.

Stop thinking about that chick that you thought was the one that got away. Dont worry she gets fat as fuck
Saw one of them Christmas shopping today, she was in fact fat as fuck.

Was anorexically skinny when we dated

Most of the posters here seem to be men so i don't know that any advice i as a middleaged woman could give would be of any use, but i will say this:

One day, *everything* in your life comes down to health, so get as healthy as you possibly can while you're still young, strong, focused and have the time and energy to train. And if you're already healthy, stay healthy. Seriously, outside of Love, Self-respect, Meaning and all those big letter words, good health will be more precious to you and your quality of life, that any material possessions or accolades as you age.

Some advice is universal, like valuing family over work for example. You know how many dudes learn life advice from their mom? This is good advice, you take health for granted when you're healthy.

i don't know that any advice i as a middleaged woman could give would be of any use

Didn't know your demographic was on Sherdog. Lol

Definitely stick your dick in crazy. Just don't give it your phone number.

Most of the posters here seem to be men so i don't know that any advice i as a middleaged woman could give would be of any use, but i will say this:

One day, *everything* in your life comes down to health, so get as healthy as you possibly can while you're still young, strong, focused and have the time and energy to train. And if you're already healthy, stay healthy. Seriously, outside of Love, Self-respect, Meaning and all those big letter words, good health will be more precious to you and your quality of life, that any material possessions or accolades as you age.
So far, tony is winning.
Also, do a lot of walking. Walk in the woods. Walk in the cities. Walk at work. Walk on the beach. Treadmills kind of suck, but whatever, you can walk on those I guess..

There’s a chance you might be better looking when you get older. I’ll be 52 in a couple of weeks, and I’ve never felt so powerful.

Minimalism is awesome.
Debt sucks.
Travel and adventure is where it’s at.
Gotta love your job. That might be a tough one for some of you.
Find purpose in your work. Get to the point where what you do and who you are are the same thing.

DONT GET MARRIED

I gave it a try. Lasted 16 years. Not too bad. Amicable divorce is important. I bought a book on how to divorce. Easiest divorce ever. I didn’t spend a dime on a lawyer.
Turns out chicks are into older in shape confident men. If you get to your 50’s all tired, broke, and smoker’s breath; it won’t be fun.

You don’t need a dozen friends, just a couple of good ones.

Don’t be petty. Life is too short to sweat the small unimportant stuff.

Learn to swallow your pride.

Somewhere between “spend like you’re gonna die tomorrow” and “save like scrooge” you will find a way to have your fun and build a future.

Hug your mom and dad. You can’t do that when they’re gone.
I will be petty until the day I die.

Bit of a depressing thread as I'm fast approaching 30 with hardly no prospects, savings and I change girls like I change favourite pizza toppings. Cba.
30 isn't even old, you big dumb moran.

Never stick your fingers where you wouldn’t stick your dick.

I gave it a try. Lasted 16 years. Not too bad. Amicable divorce is important. I bought a book on how to divorce. Easiest divorce ever. I didn’t spend a dime on a lawyer.
Turns out chicks are into older in shape confident men. If you get to your 50’s all tired, broke, and smoker’s breath; it won’t be fun.

That’s right, you need to take good care of yourself

Last edited:
It's been 4 months since I had my last cigarette. I don't miss it at all. Should have taken your advice a little sooner, to be honest.
it's been nearly 13 years since my last one. 17 years of stupidity.

Back