Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Fedor's NO.1 Fan, Mar 6, 2018.
Yeah, the Olympics should be held in 2 or 3 cities for Summer/Winter and just rotate. The IOC is corrupt as fuck and just wants to make as much money as possible, regardless of the cost to the hosting city.
Its boring, and the anchor sports like Hockey need the NHL players in them for it to be viewable.
Can you imagine the World Cup of soccer without top flight pros?
They need to bring back pocket pool
- It's expensive. Tax payers don't want to pay for a party for the rich.
- Watered down television events. There are dozens upon dozens of sports on display, but each time I turned on the TV during Rio's Olympics. I only had swimming and gymnastics on the tube.
- Show the sports, not the faux tear jerker stories about how Olga's horse ran away when she was 7; which is what made her learn how to ride a bike to get to school; which led to her being the best cyclist in Awesomestan; which led her to the Olympics. Just show the race.
- It doesn't feel like the top sporting event in the world when soccer has the World Cup, basketball has the NBA, and golf has the Masters.
- The winter olympics is sort of odd. It seems like an event that only can cater to those in specific climates. Did many in Cairo, Delhi, Lagos, Manila, etc. glue themselves to the TV last month?
China will host all of them
Agree about the Winter Olympics.
I’m sure these people are the best in the world, and it’s all very impressive, but how many people on earth even have the opportunity to practice bobsledding? Just hard to relate.
Separate names with a comma.