on a side not the GOAT is fighting soon

Unlike MM, a sport which has more GOATs than contenders, There is only one GOAT in boxing and he died in 2016.

Unlike MM, a sport which has more GOATs than contenders, There is only one GOAT in boxing and he died in 2016.

Pretty sure Sugar Ray Robinson is the consensus GOAT in boxing. Not Ali.

I will not deny Robinson.

Point I was making was really about how GOAT has lost it’s meaning in MMA.

Not the Goat is fighting soon..

I agree?

Tyson Fury is on another level when it comes to the talking.. love him. I hope Gypsy King makes a great come back.

What about Rocky Marciano?

images

And here’s the thing about boxing...

Louis, Ali and SRR. These are the top 3. General consensus is that SRR is the goat but he didn’t have the politically charged rivalry against a Max Schmeling or the Vietnam Ali had. These things are what makes people transcend their sport and reach true greatness.

But back to my original point... the term GOAT gets thrown around too much in MMA that it’s lost all meaning.

I think the consensus now is torn between him and Floyd...
Floyd, IMO is a better boxer than SRR. But even Floyd knows better than to claim such a prestigious title. That’s why he calls himself “TBE” because he knows “GOAT” is about more than just technique and belts.

I think the consensus now is torn between him and Floyd...

I don't think Floyd is in serious conversation. He's top 5 at best but I've never heard a serious boxing pundit, historian ever rank Floyd as the best ever. I wouldn't even have him above SRR, Armstrong, Ali, and others.

By the way, Deontay Wilder is was a highschool Football/Basketball star who turned to Boxing because the birth of his daughter who had spina bifida forced him to attend a community college. Deontay won the golden gloves with only 2 years of training. He beat guys who were probably boxing their whole lives with just 2 years training.

I'm tellin you man, its just like Bob Arum said, all the HW greats of today are playing in the NFL/NBA.

So hyped for this fight, dont watch a lot of boxing but always tune in for the big ones.

Back