on a side not the GOAT is fighting soon

So you're saying....

z49bv.jpg

Washed up. Post retirement Joe Louis.

I don't know how that is calculated but it's interesting that 3 of the top 11 in history are WWs from the same recent era. Floyd, Manny and De La Hoya. I can't take that seriously.
im not saying lennox lewis was the goat but hows he not on there at all

I don't think Floyd is in serious conversation. He's top 5 at best but I've never heard a serious boxing pundit, historian ever rank Floyd as the best ever. I wouldn't even have him above SRR, Armstrong, Ali, and others.

I don't have Floyd in my top 10, probably top 20.

By the way, Deontay Wilder is was a highschool Football/Basketball star who turned to Boxing because the birth of his daughter who had spina bifida forced him to attend a community college. Deontay won the golden gloves with only 2 years of training. He beat guys who were probably boxing their whole lives with just 2 years training.

I'm tellin you man, its just like Bob Arum said, all the HW greats of today are playing in the NFL/NBA.

Lol, that's not impressive

I don't think Floyd is in serious conversation. He's top 5 at best but I've never heard a serious boxing pundit, historian ever rank Floyd as the best ever. I wouldn't even have him above SRR, Armstrong, Ali, and others.

Serious pundits didn't put Ali in the conversation either during his reign. It wasn't until Ali retired that he started to get the recognition he deserved. Same will probably happen for Floyd as he has accomplished a lot and he has an argument for easily being top 5.

- Floyd has been champion in multiple weight classes
- he has a resume filled with future hall of famers(something most fighters don't have)
- in an era of compubox, he has the statistics that shows when its comes to the game of Boxing, which is hit and don't get hit, he is the best.
- as well as the fact that he, like Marciano, is undefeated.

Floyd has a great case based on those facts alone. I don't know where they will rank him in the future but because he is hated in his time just like Ali was during his time, he isn't getting ranked fairly right now.

I kind of like Fury he's a man's man and has a sharp wit to him and is the kind of guy you'd want to have your back

Wilder, he seems alright too and actually I don't know much about him but so far so good.. I think they both respect eachother and I enjoyed this video.

I will not deny Robinson.

Point I was making was really about how GOAT has lost it’s meaning in MMA.
GOAT discussion is even more bullshit in boxing considering it's an older sport.
P4P it's already fantasy speculation, GOAT means the best P4P in all eras, good luck finding consensus with that.

Actually all this GOAT crap in mma forums started because some mma fans wanted to copy those smug "boxing pundit" on a high horse pretending to know what they are talking about meanwhile they have no clue.

That’s what I have heard, that Fedor is the GOAT. But at the same time, I see stuff about LW GOATS, MW GOATS, Women’s GOATS... it’s ridiculous
well yea, you can say the same in boxing

Serious pundits didn't put Ali in the conversation either during his reign. It wasn't until Ali retired that he started to get the recognition he deserved. Same will probably happen for Floyd as he has accomplished a lot and he has an argument for easily being top 5.

- Floyd has been champion in multiple weight classes
- he has a resume filled with future hall of famers(something most fighters don't have)
- in an era of compubox, he has the statistics that shows when its comes to the game of Boxing, which is hit and don't get hit, he is the best.
- as well as the fact that he, like Marciano, is undefeated.

Floyd has a great case based on those facts alone. I don't know where they will rank him in the future but because he is hated in his time just like Ali was during his time, he isn't getting ranked fairly right now.
Floyd, IMO is a better boxer than SRR. But even Floyd knows better than to claim such a prestigious title. That’s why he calls himself “TBE” because he knows “GOAT” is about more than just technique and belts.

top 3 is a lock.

SRR, Armstrong, Ali. (choose the order)

Like Titans, they´ve become [and the era when they fought> Fight Configuration] mythical.

I have Sweet Pea @ 4.

Never seen any ol´school puttin´PBF in the top5.

top 3 is a lock.

SRR, Armstrong, Ali. (choose the order)

Like Titans, they´ve become [and the era when they fought> Fight Configuration] mythical.

I have Sweet Pea @ 4.

Never seen any ol´school puttin´PBF in the top5.

Who is PBF?

And I see that Boxrec have Sweet Pea at number 29 and don't have Armstrong at all.
Isn't it weird?

Who is PBF?

And I see that Boxrec have Sweet Pea at number 29 and don't have Armstrong at all.
Isn't it weird?
Pretty Boy Floyd, his ol´name...

Armstrong is a lock @ top 3. Like forever...

Sweet Pea... personal choice, but some ol´school dudes see it that way too...

I´ve kept this ol´ranking, when Ring was still serious...

Ring Magazine's 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Henry Armstrong
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Joe Louis
5. Roberto Duran
6. Willie Pep
7. Harry Greb
8. Benny Leonard
9. Sugar Ray Leonard
10. Pernell Whitaker
11. Carlos Monzon
12. Rocky Marciano
13. Ezzard Charles
14. Archie Moore
15. Sandy Saddler
16. Jack Dempsey
17. Marvin Hagler
18. Julio Cesar Chavez
19. Eder Jofre
20. Alexis Arguello
21. Barney Ross
22. Evander Holyfield
23. Ike Williams
24. Salvador Sanchez
25. George Foreman
26. Kid Gavilian
27. Larry Holmes
28. Mickey Walker
29. Ruben Olivares
30. Gene Tunney
31. Dick Tiger
32. Fighting Harada
33. Emile Griffith
34. Tony Canzoneri
35. Aaron Pryor
36. Pascual Perez
37. Miguel Canto
38. Manuel Ortiz
39. Charley Burley
40. Carmen Basilio
41. Michael Spinks
42. Joe Frazier
43. Khaosai Galaxy
44. Roy Jones Jr.
45. Tiger Flowers
46. Panama Al Brown
47. Kid Chocolate
48. Joe Brown
49. Tommy Loughran
50. Bernard Hopkins
51. Felix Trinidad
52. Jake LaMotta
53. Lennox Lewis
54. Wilfredo Gomez
55. Bob Foster
56. Jose Napoles
57. Billy Conn
58. Jimmy McLarnin
59. Pancho Villa
60. Carlos Ortiz
61. Bob Montgomery
62. Freddie Miller
63. Benny Lynch
64. Beau Jack
65. Azumah Nelson
66. Eusebio Pedroza
67. Thomas Hearns
68. Wilfred Benitez
69. Antonio Cervantes
70. Ricardo Lopez
71. Sonny Liston
72. Mike Tyson
73. Vicente Saldivar
74. Gene Fullmer
75. Oscar De La Hoya
76. Carlos Zarate
77. Marcel Cerdan
78. Flash Elorde
79. Mike McCallum
80. Harold Johnson

Source: Ring Magazine (2002)

Undefeated.

It’s kinda shitty that Marciano’s record was broken by Floyd because of a horseshit exhibition match against McConner.

True, but most of Marciano's competition was on par with McGregor level opponents while Floyd actually has a resume filled with future hall of famers. Boxers in general have a lot of padded careers early on.

Back