on vacation to huntington beach

cg5710

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am traveling to California for a vacation from the uk and will be staying in huntington beach for 5 days, i was just trying to get some advise on a few gyms that i would be able to train jiu -jitsu at while i am there..

preferably nogi as i have limited space in my luggage a was not planning on taking my gi.

thanks

56183.jpg

Kings mma

And http://www.electricjiujitsu.com/schedule/

Joao Assis was the head instructor when I started and Carlson gracie Temecula but left to train in HB. He is a beast and has great No Gi game. Looks like Wednesday morning is the only no gi day but call and see.

Also I started my Jiu Jitsu career in HB and would see most of the fighters training in HB at the time randomly out around downtown HB . One day taking my dog for a run at dog beach I ran into a 300lb Tank Abbott running on the beach. Not sure why but I stopped him and ask what he has been up to and he replied “training for a comeback” this was 7 yrs ago!

Last edited:
Kings mma

And http://www.electricjiujitsu.com/schedule/

Joao Assis was the head instructor when I started and Carlson gracie Temecula but left to train in HB. He is a beast and has great No Gi game. Looks like Wednesday morning is the only no gi day but call and see.

Also I started my Jiu Jitsu career in HB and would see most of the fighters training in HB at the time randomly out around downtown HB . One day taking my dog for a run at dog beach I ran into a 300lb Tank Abbott running on the beach. Not sure why but I stopped him and ask what he has been up to and he replied “training for a comeback” this was 7 yrs ago!

He'll be ready soon.

I am traveling to California for a vacation from the uk and will be staying in huntington beach for 5 days, i was just trying to get some advise on a few gyms that i would be able to train jiu -jitsu at while i am there..

preferably nogi as i have limited space in my luggage a was not planning on taking my gi.

thanks

AOJ with the Mendess is the most renowned.

Aoj is a long drive from HB in traffic and very expensive to visit.

Back