Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random.

That never happens as a result of training in my experience. It is only through countless Street fights that you learn what you can do and what others can do to you. It's entirely not worth it.

I have been a bouncer off and on for 20 years and got in to a fair few fights growing up. As an adult you can pretty much just avoid fighting entirely, it takes two to tango generally and if you're not an arsehole you don't get picked on. If you're worried about being jumped while out clubbing just go to nice places that aren't full of fucking trash.

Answering your question I would absolutely do boxing once a week, because it's fun and worthwhile.

2 x a day is so hard man, all you do is wake up dead tired, train, shower, eat, sleep. Wake up, train shower, eat, sleep. 2 x a day, 6 days a week is hard AF. Im sure a teen can do it, I did it last year, I can easily understand how thais retire in their 20s. The body simply cannot repair itself fast enough to keep up with the training once your youth is gone.

You just make sure you don't train too hard, if you're doing twice a day you can take it a bit slower and focus on quality.

I'm 39, lifted squats earlier, about to go back in the garage and hit up a bunch of single leg shit and farmers walks. I train 5 days a week, twice a day and do building work in-between. You just have to train smart.

I'm 39, lifted squats earlier, about to go back in the garage and hit up a bunch of single leg shit and farmers walks. I train 5 days a week, twice a day and do building work in-between. You just have to train smart.

That is one tough training regime. Respect.

You just make sure you don't train too hard, if you're doing twice a day you can take it a bit slower and focus on quality.

I agree with you although I would also point out that fight training vs lifting weights are different things but still both hard none the less. I think cardio/fight training is alot more energy draining where as lifting just makes you sore the next day, you got the energy to wake up, just not the muscles, fight training seems vice versa. I read through a large portion of your thread in the supplement forum. Im sure certain supplements help as well but I agree, when I do 2 x a days my mornign session is usually light followed by a hard evening session.

I agree with you although I would also point out that fight training vs lifting weights are different things but still both hard none the less. I think cardio/fight training is alot more energy draining where as lifting just makes you sore the next day, you got the energy to wake up, just not the muscles, fight training seems vice versa. I read through a large portion of your thread in the supplement forum. Im sure certain supplements help as well but I agree, when I do 2 x a days my mornign session is usually light followed by a hard evening session.

Yup, I maintain its about being smart tho, I can do a session of shadow boxing and then hit cardio and pads later, I couldn't do 2 sessions a day where I'm pushing my body tho.

Yeah sups definitely help. When I was competing and clean I'd not do two grueling sessions without a day separating them, but there's a lot you can do without punishing yourself.

I'm of the mind these days that one shouldn't really be sore after training, of its done correctly you should always be fresh for your next session. I might do 2 sessions in a day but that's really like 1.5 times the work of a single session, working different things if something is sore.

Yup, I maintain its about being smart tho, I can do a session of shadow boxing and then hit cardio and pads later, I couldn't do 2 sessions a day where I'm pushing my body tho.

Yeah sups definitely help. When I was competing and clean I'd not do two grueling sessions without a day separating them, but there's a lot you can do without punishing yourself.

I'm of the mind these days that one shouldn't really be sore after training, of its done correctly you should always be fresh for your next session. I might do 2 sessions in a day but that's really like 1.5 times the work of a single session, working different things if something is sore.

thats pretty smart, dont push so much your not too sore the next day to do it again. Probably helps from getting burnt out too. I have the bad habit of just going extreme when I train, I then fight every month for as long as I can keep it up or until i get injured or burnt out, I then do the reverse and live like a straight slob for a few months. and then start the cycle over. lol.

thats pretty smart, dont push so much your not too sore the next day to do it again. Probably helps from getting burnt out too. I have the bad habit of just going extreme when I train, I then fight every month for as long as I can keep it up or until i get injured or burnt out, I then do the reverse and live like a straight slob for a few months. and then start the cycle over. lol.

A consequence of aging, as you become less able you become better at finding ways around it, youth wasted on the young etc.

It's all different when the football season starts tho, then I'm just trying to tread water, not lose more than a step and deal with the pain and injuries. When playing back to back games, after Sunday I'll often be too fucked to really lift anything properly until Wednesday, Thursday and then it's rehab and rest until the next Sunday game.

I like how you can respond here but not to the post of me requesting video of your excellent technique since you are able to spot my shitty technique. Selective hearing I guess? Until we see some actual footage of you, your this guy.

c03b171aa5581100c9de582f08c95ed5.jpg

+

ec432ef7367090fd914be53d6af91a73.jpg

+

greece-2.jpg

=

GPB_circling_earth.jpg

Thanks for keeping me company by shitposting today.

The last image is actually a geodesic in relativity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodesics_in_general_relativity

We should do our own site, oldog or something, and make threads on how back in the days it was better, what kind of herbal tea is best and how long our naps are...
Bunch of grown ass men jumping and kicking and running around... ACT YOUR AGE, PEOPLE.

A consequence of aging, as you become less able you become better at finding ways around it, youth wasted on the young etc.

It's all different when the football season starts tho, then I'm just trying to tread water, not lose more than a step and deal with the pain and injuries. When playing back to back games, after Sunday I'll often be too fucked to really lift anything properly until Wednesday, Thursday and then it's rehab and rest until the next Sunday game.

Then take my advice and drink tart cherry juice before and after exercising.

Efficacy of tart cherry juice in reducing muscle pain during running: a randomized controlled trial
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874510/

This did wonders when I was lifting a lot of weight for a lot of time.

are you in the NFL?

We should do our own site, oldog or something, and make threads on how back in the days it was better, what kind of herbal tea is best and how long our naps are...
Bunch of grown ass men jumping and kicking and running around... ACT YOUR AGE, PEOPLE.

ill be the next JWP old man muay thai. lol

dope, if not, you could always do rugby!

The team I'm in is one I helped build from nothing, so I'm a ride or die cat at this point. Playing with my team mates and the possibility of playing for my country in a violent contact aport age 39/40 would be enough for me :) all the best.

Also, too much running and cardio in Rugby <seedat>

The team I'm in is one I helped build from nothing, so I'm a ride or die cat at this point. Playing with my team mates and the possibility of playing for my country in a violent contact aport age 39/40 would be enough for me :) all the best.

Also, too much running and cardio in Rugby <seedat>

running sucks, i rather skip rope.

depends on wat u r trying t do anything is better than nothing id not try to compete with once a week but to make sure you dont lose technique ect its fine atm can only go once twice a week to keep myself fresh

dope, if not, you could always do rugby!

Have you ever played Rugby? They are vastly different sports from tactics to physical demands.
You really cant just switch them and have a similar kind of success. Most american footballers would die of heart failure trying to get through a Rugby match :D. England is a great Rugby nation.

Back