Once again Western forces aid ISIS

Did you see what happened when we let them dig in at Mosul?
Yeah the same thing that will happen when these lot link up with the rest and dig in at their next stronghold or travel into Turkey and end up blowing up a market somewhere in Europe.

Yeah the same thing that will happen when these lot link up with the rest and dig in at their next stronghold or travel into Turkey and end up blowing up a market somewhere in Europe.

It's unlikely, ISIS is pretty well routed.

It's a pretty common tactic to let the enemy escape like this. Fighting men facing certain death is hellish.

It's unlikely, ISIS is pretty well routed.

It's a pretty common tactic to let the enemy escape like this. Fighting men facing certain death is hellish.
I understand that but why didn't we bomb the convoy once it was out of the city?

That is a fair point I should've thought of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mohi

Confined within the camp, mood among the Hungarians turned to panic after their sallies were ineffective and they sustained repeated bombardments by stone and gunpowder. Terrified by the flaming arrows, trampling crush of their comrades resulted in the deaths of many soldiers. The nobles inside the camp felt little loyalty to the king, and likely would have deserted had they not already been surrounded. Bela's brother, Coloman, rallied enough men to sally out and charge the Mongols, but his attack was driven back. The Mongols used their siege equipment to pound the camp's fortifications, and set fire to the tents. Finally, the demoralized soldiers decided to flee. They tried to escape through a gap left open on purpose by the Mongols, because fleeing soldiers can be killed more easily than those who, with their backs to a wall, are forced to fight to the death. There, almost all of them were slaughtered.

Does this make Trump the savior of ISIS?

If you want to blame him go ahead
1) It was a joke. He once called Obama the founder of ISIS.

2) You will ask me for permission to give your permission to me, and the answer will be no.

We can't shoot them in the back? Why?
Let them leave and then kill them, fuck honor! My god these people are disgusting human beings, kill them!

This has been used in warfare since it began its not simply an act of mercy
You always give an enemy an avenue of retreat and keep options of surrender open..that way they dont have to fight to the death
The reason we dont take the tempting option of straffing them as they leave is to show our word is solid to others reassuring them they can surrender too

This has been used in warfare since it began its not simply an act of mercy
You always give an enemy an avenue of retreat and keep options of surrender open..that way they dont have to fight to the death
The reason we dont take the tempting option of straffing them as they leave is to show our word is solid to others reassuring them they can surrender too

What war? There's no official war so no official war rules.

If you want to fight a war, you end it quick, which the US could and should do.

The only reason to prolong a war is for profit.

Mosul was obliterated.

Two wrongs make a right, hmm?

As well, how many women and children were part of the onslaught? I mean in real terms, not a dashed handful of child soldiers and enslaved chattel-damsels.

Do you think they should all be killed?

Two wrongs make a right, hmm?

As well, how many women and children were part of the onslaught? I mean in real terms, not a dashed handful of child soldiers and enslaved chattel-damsels.

Do you think they should all be killed?

huh?

I'm against starting protracted sieges in populated areas against hardcore jihadis.

Let them run and hit them with hellfires.

I understand that but why didn't we bomb the convoy once it was out of the city?

Because a lot of their "families" are just their sex slaves and their kids.

Also a lot of ISIS fighters are only there because ISIS punishes desertion with death, this way you undermine the capacity of ISIS leaders to force their recruits to fight to the death.

There's got to be more to this deal than what we're seeing. More than likely they agreed to be pawns in some other scheme down the road in exchange for safe passage.

I’m all about unleashing the fury on ISIS. But not after telling them they have safe passage. I’m in favor of not shooting people in the back.
Do you think they would not shoot you in the back if given any chance?

Back