Once again Western forces aid ISIS

For the SDF it was

Yes, it was in the SDF's strategic interests, to ship ISIS fighters to go kill women, children, and Syrian troops, in Syrian government held areas.

But I don't understand how anyone could then argue that the SDF, isn't a greater evil than Assad, and that the US has no interest in supporting them.

Yes, it was in the SDF's strategic interests, to ship ISIS fighters to go kill women, children, and Syrian troops, in Syrian government held areas.

But I don't understand how anyone could then argue that the SDF, isn't a greater evil than Assad, and that the US has no interest in supporting them.
Mehh the guys are no angels, but i'd still call them a far lesser evil than assad

Mehh the guys are no angels, but i'd still call them a far lesser evil than assad

People who work with ISIS, is better than recognizing the legal leader of a sovierghn nation?

The truth is that foreign interests are deciding our foreign policy, because we have the best government money can buy.

Well when that leader is murdering/barrelbombing/gassing his own people (aswell as the rebels) he wont get much support from me. But the whole thing is a matter of perspective anyway. Everything is relative

Well when that leader is murdering/barrelbombing/gassing his own people (aswell as the rebels) he wont get much support from me. But the whole thing is a matter of perspective anyway. Everything is relative

Let's leave Assad out of it.

Do you think the American people would support special forces, and military bases in syria, to overthrow the Syrian government?

I don't.

I think that was only allowed under the lie that we were there to fight ISIS.

Do you think the American people would support special forces, and military bases in syria, to overthrow the Syrian government?

I don't.

If that government was committing the same warcrimes they might but honsetly I don't know what the american people would or wouldnt want. But i suspect most just don't care enough about it, they are just thankful to be living in one of the richest and most powerful countries on this planet and not too concerned with the cost of that wealth

I don’t know man. Enemy combatants are generally taken as POWs, not allowed to retreat to mount another offensive afaik.

Then again, we aren’t at war technically.

convoy carrying 250 fighters and 3500 family members
Just our typical PC war tactics.

Because a lot of their "families" are just their sex slaves and their kids.

Also a lot of ISIS fighters are only there because ISIS punishes desertion with death, this way you undermine the capacity of ISIS leaders to force their recruits to fight to the death.

If that’s the case than they should have been captured by force. Figured out which ones were foreign fighters and sent them back to their respective countries for them to be dealt with.

It's unlikely, ISIS is pretty well routed.

It's a pretty common tactic to let the enemy escape like this. Fighting men facing certain death is hellish.
What did I just read. A common tactic? No its not, its really not at all actually. Alexander the Great, the roman empire, Genghis khan, the old testament Israel people, etc killed or assimilated every man of fighting age into their system. They didn't just let them ride off into the sunset.

Stop ducking reality.

If that’s the case than they should have been captured by force. Figured out which ones were foreign fighters and sent them back to their respective countries for them to be dealt with.

Captured would mean you need troops on the ground.

What did I just read. A common tactic? No its not, its really not at all actually. Alexander the Great, the roman empire, Genghis khan, the old testament Israel people, etc killed or assimilated every man of fighting age into their system. They didn't just let them ride off into the sunset.

Stop ducking reality.

This just talks about sheer ignorance.

The Romans only massacred slaves and people with no monetary value whatsoever. There is a reason why the Romans were trying to conquer Syria centuries before even trying to enter Germany next door.

Stop ducking reality.

<TrumpWrong1>

I don't.

Come on Rholk don't you know how the American Propaganda War Machine works already?

The American government uses the same fucking model every time. We did it to Saddam Hussein, and were doing it right now to Asad, and currently in progress on it with Iran and NK.

First you paint them out to be the bad guys. So the media goes on a huge media blitz of this country is soooooo baaaaaddd because A, B, C, and D.

Then we look like the good guys by being patient with them and giving them a chance because we waltz our fat asses to the U.N and slap sanctions on them OR we offer them diplomatic / political deals (like how Obama offered Iran that agreement and now Trump is using Obam's failed deal to build up war rhetoric against Iran......mark my words we are presently building a case to go to war with Iran atm) then after we say, "See we gave them a chance and their still doing the same A, B, C and D bullshit we said they were doing in the first place"

We then feign outrage and convince the American public that it's time to act militarily because *our supposed good guy looking attempts to reign them in with deals or sanctions didn't work* :rolleyes:

By then the Media blitz has made the American public feel okay about going to war because, hey at least we tried and now were interfering in nations that we have no right or business too do so because the stupid American public has been softened up and bought into all the apparent nice guy bullshit we did.

Boom War and boy is business A-booming for the ol MIC.

Works every single time. It amazes me how pathetically ignorant the public is to this bullshit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/trump-isis-raqqa/index.html

President Donald Trump took credit for the fact that ISIS is in retreat during an interview Tuesday, claiming that ISIS wasn’t on the run before because “you didn’t have Trump as your president.”

….”ISIS is now giving up, they are giving up, there are raising their hands, they are walking off. Nobody has ever seen that before.”

When Plante asked why that hadn’t happened before, Trump took the bait. “Because you didn’t have Trump as your president,” he said. “It was a big difference, there was a big, big difference if you look at the military now.”

Back