Once and for all, this needs to be cleared up (RE: Whataburger)

O

Overtures

Whataburger is just garbage.

Texans have an unreasonable affection for it because it's literally all they have. I'm a native Texan. I grew up eating it. It was better than McDonald's, but that's it.

I've been compelled to post this because for some reason my social media is flooded with these wannabe hipster Whataburger adverts. Have you guys seen this stuff?

In N Out is superior on principle alone. They have better staff, way better staff, fresher ingredients, and cleaner establishments.

Whataburger is fine for what it is: a fast food burger joint.

Easily better than McD’s, BK, Wendy’s, and Checkers, and IMO also better than Hardees. I don’t expect a gourmet burger from there, but I think they are a cut above their immediate competition

Never have. Northeast does not have enough fast food joints. All we have is Wendy, McD, BK, sometimes five guys, sometimes Shake Shack, and sometimes Smashburger. But the later three are not that fast

There is also this thing called Elevation Burger, and another one called Bareburger. Both are suppose to be organic, humane burgers, but they slow as snails.

Whataburger and Carl's Jr are in the same tier as McD's, BK, and Wendy's. Absolutely nothing special about them.

Better than the average fast food burger, but In n Out is a different level of fast food, imo.

Def overrated by Texans though

Never had it, In and Out do pop ups here from time to time and everyone freaks out though, looks pretty plain tbh.

Sounds like fat people problems

68001883.jpg

To a certain degree, I agree. It's not garbage, though. It's just overrated. They are better than Mac Donalds and The "King" and are on par with Jack.

Wendy's is better and In N Out and 5 Guys are clearly superior. My problem with them is they are more expensive than Jack, but not better, so I'll go there for a good burger. Also, they put fucking mustard on their default burger. I always have to tell them mayonnaise instead of mustard.

There are some really good stuff on their menu, but it's the special items, not their basic stuff. I do agree that it's like a cult, local pride thing. I made a thread recently about Chick-fil-a saying the same thing. They are very similar.

I was out fishing with my friends one time and tried to convince them to go to Jack instead, but they insisted on Whataburger. When I said I didn't get what was so great about Whataburger, they asked me to step outside the car. Lol.

Back