Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

why she fights under Singapore flag?
You know... its beats the fuck out of me. It's supposed to get a hometown crowd behind her but nobody buys it for a second. Kinda like how Overeem was being announced as from England for awhile cos Holland didn't care too much about UFC.

Great fight with Sam-A and Sergio. Ya I was surprised to hear that American accent on Lee. Wiki says her dad was from Singapore though.

I still don't understand wtf One is doing. Last time I watched the fights they were in a ring with both the kb and mt fights using boxing gloves now they are both in cage and using mma gloves.

OneFC is all over the place but I actually kind of like it.

The Muay Thai and Kickboxing bouts on this card with the small gloves in the cage were very entertaining.

The Muay Thai and Kickboxing bouts on this card with the small gloves in the cage were very entertaining.
I agree

Very fresh approach for me after watching mostly stadium fights
Muay thai in mma gloves looks so much more lethal as well

except for Ngimbi trying to get out of a count by saying Yod poked him in the eye.

I agree

Very fresh approach for me after watching mostly stadium fights
Muay thai in mma gloves looks so much more lethal as well

i wonder how john wayne parr feels about ONE doing this considering it's pretty much the exact same concept as CMT

I don't like the muay thai in a cage. could care less about the gloves, but when in a cage I'd probably prefer normal boxing gloves just to differentiate it for the viewer.

muay thai in the cage looks kinda lost because the lack of movement and cutting the ring off.

I like the MMA gloves but i don't like the cage

except for Ngimbi trying to get out of a count by saying Yod poked him in the eye.
Well it didnt work, and he probably honestly thought he did. He's used to being punched in the eye with a bigger glove where a knuckle won't slide into the eye like that.

muay thai in the cage looks kinda lost because the lack of movement and cutting the ring off.
That just adds a different element.
Didn't look lost to me, Sam-A still managed to trap his opponent and dictate range.

It was refreshing to see striking in a cage without all of the excessive movement you see from MMA guys.

BTW, I couldn't watch the MMA fights on here they were terrible. ONE should go all in on the KB/MT fights.

MMA is quite painful to watch when it's not the highest tier :/

main event was nice, aside from the obvious weight difference.

if they are gonna use a cage it needs to be like half the size of the one they used for this event. It was just way to big and will lead to guys actually running to avoid the fight. Thankfully sam-a has good footwork and still trapped welzen when he started running.

If they are gonna use open fingered mma loves they need a significant curve to make it hard to fully open your hand. They last thing kickboxing needs is another excuse for the ref to intervene which is all eye pokes are going to do

Last edited:
if they are gonna use a car it needs to be like half the size of the one they used for this event. It was just way to big and will lead to guys actually running to avoid the fight. Thankfully sam-a has good footwork and still trapped welzen when he started running.

If they are gonna use open fingered mma loves they need a significant curve to make it hard to fully open your hand. They last thing kickboxing needs is another excuse for the ref to intervene which is all eye pokes are going to do
I can agree with you on the gloves here. These guys aren't used to having to worry about their fingers poking eyes too so they fall into habits they developed using a full glove.

Well it didnt work, and he probably honestly thought he did. He's used to being punched in the eye with a bigger glove where a knuckle won't slide into the eye like that.
did he get the count scored against him or did or did they wave off when the ref called for the time out? They never read the scorecards they just called it a UD for Yod a win is a win but Ngimbi did milk that time given to him.

I can agree with you on the gloves here. These guys aren't used to having to worry about their fingers poking eyes too so they fall into habits they developed using a full glove.

Not just that but when you're just striking and not wrestling + ground grappling you don't really need your fingers out of the glove anyway.

Back