Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

did he get the count scored against him or did or did they wave off when the ref called for the time out? They never read the scorecards they just called it a UD for Yod a win is a win but Ngimbi did milk that time given to him.
I took it as a count. I don't think you can undo a count once you initiate it, but ONE seems to take a lot of strange medical breaks so who knows.

I took it as a count. I don't think you can undo a count once you initiate it, but ONE seems to take a lot of strange medical breaks so who knows.
I saw a fight in which a french guy couldn't make the count after eating a liver shot. The ref waved the fight off but the guy started crying a lot and begged the ref to let him fight. The ref then allowed the fight to go on, only for the french guy to eat another liver shot within the next 5 seconds and then the fight actually got stopped

This happened at lumpinee

Last edited:
I think when the ref called a timeout it overruled the count he was originally given nigimbi. Otherwise it should have been ruled a tko as nigimbi was not able to continue to fight after the count. Also You can't have a knockdown caused by an illegal strike so by the ref giving him a 2 or 3 minute break it has to have been ruled an eye poke

I don't know if I'm the only one but I like MT with the small gloves in the cage and without the music.

Isn't that the case for most combat sports though?
Maybe it's just me idk, but I can watch less than the highest level of fighting easier in kb/mt than in MMA.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I like MT with the small gloves in the cage and without the music.
No Dancing, no music :eek: :cool:
As it should be for tv, IMO.

Cage and the gloves don't really care, but probably better if they don't switch between every show.

Maybe it's just me idk, but I can watch less than the highest level of fighting easier in kb/mt than in MMA.
Im with you! mid and low level mma is usually terrible to watch as the fights are way too sloppy as the guys are not proficient in any area. Also In mma outside of a very few choice individuals you only ever see mid level boxing/kb/mt skills even at its highest level

I think when the ref called a timeout it overruled the count he was originally given nigimbi. Otherwise it should have been ruled a tko as nigimbi was not able to continue to fight after the count. Also You can't have a knockdown caused by an illegal strike so by the ref giving him a 2 or 3 minute break it has to have been ruled an eye poke
ONE doesn't care about what you can and can't do I think that is clear at this point, that's why I am not quick to agree with your logic.

I mean I like to shit talk mma as well, but Glory consistently has mediocre fighters on it's fightcards that are horrible to look at and would rival mma striking at it's lower levels.

I mean I like to shit talk mma as well, but Glory consistently has mediocre fighters on it's fightcards that are horrible to look at and would rival mma striking at it's lower levels.
yea thats because the people running glory are fucking stupid. They think having at least one fight per American card with guys making their pro debut and broadcasting that trash is somehow going to develop the sport and fighters in america. If anything it does the exact opposite as people see guys who would be mediocre mma strikers and think they represent the whole sport

Last edited:
yea thats because the people running glory are fucking stupid. They think having at least one fight per American card with guys making their pro debut and broadcasting that trash is somehow going to develop the sport and fighters in america. If anything it does the exact opposite as people see guys who would be mediocre mma strikers and think they represent the whole sport

GLORY is just Mike's Gym, Hemmers Gym and Colloseum Gym and now and then a lost North American. So many talents from other gyms just don't get a chance in GLORY.

i hate the smaller gloves, but i'm all in for caged MT/KB
the eye pokes and fighters opening them hands in the opponent's face really annoys the shit of me, that has to go

Eye pokes trigger me so much lol. They should use different gloves, like Pride gloves, since
they dont need to grapple anyway.

i hate the smaller gloves, but i'm all in for caged MT/KB
the eye pokes and fighters opening them hands in the opponent's face really annoys the shit of me, that has to go

if they really want to still with these smaller gloves they should use Kumite gloves

maxresdefault.jpg

looks a bit goofy, would need some adaptation but i'd be in favor of that, no doubt
im not the biggest fan of this gloves either,but its better than MMA gloves and eyepokes in kickboxing matches

Most MMA fans think the an 8oz glove is a "pillow", this is the probable reason they are using 4oz gloves in some of the KB-MT matches.

I bet most of this people never got hit by an 8oz glove before, in fact by any kind of glove lol

Have you ever sparred with that kumite gloves? they are stiff and utterly useless.
The purpose of point-fighting karate is to "barely hit" your opponents since you get
disqualified if you actually hurt them. The same goes with the leg protection of point-fighting karate.

Have you ever sparred with that kumite gloves? they are stiff and utterly useless.
The purpose of point-fighting karate is to "barely hit" your opponents since you get
disqualified if you actually hurt them. The same goes with the leg protection of point-fighting karate.

yeah

they have samillar of padded than an MMA glove,so it can be an alternative

these Regional or Kyokushin tournament didnt allow punches in the face but WKF kumite tournaments totally allows

of course when you score the fight is interrupted and started again...

Bunch of punch knockouts of these competitions happens

anyways they didnt allow hooks,overhands,uppercuts, just straight punches,but using these gloves on ONE FC on KB-MT rules would be better than mma gloves anyways

Last edited:
the ideal gloves would have to be something between the MMA gloves and these from kumite, i'm sure ONE can make it happen
im not the biggest fan of this gloves either,but its better than MMA gloves and eyepokes in kickboxing matches

Most MMA fans think the an 8oz glove is a "pillow", this is the probable reason they are using 4oz gloves in some of the KB-MT matches.

I bet most of this people never got hit by an 8oz glove before, in fact by any kind of glove lol
yeah and not only that but in the heavier weight classes this changes a lot the defensive game, when you can't "turtle up" behind your gloves, blocking punches with 4oz gloves is almost useless while with the big gloves it can actually work and make you survive a quick blitz

Still possible to poke an eye but less likely in these, I have a pair:

FGV15-BK_1.jpg

Back