Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

As far as their public image, they are steady getting roasted by the social media kickfight squad.

Is there actually such a squad or is that what you call those peeps? What are One getting roasted for?

Is there actually such a squad or is that what you call those peeps? What are One getting roasted for?
People all over Twitter. Calling them out for always lying about shit and their financial situation was exposed (they are losing multi-millions).

There's a sanda fight on the Nov 9 card.

Can't say they don't give the fans variety.

MMA
Muay Thai
kickboxing
Boxing
Sanda
Lethwei
Grappling
Foxy boxing (wmma)

Ring, cage, small gloves, big gloves.

When are they going to get that Brandon Vera guy to fight? Going to the one championship website and seeing Brandon Vera as the heavyweight champion really lower the standards of the organisation. He hasn't fought for 2 years. Look into other threads people laugh when they see him as the champion, they assume everyone in one championship is low tier, low quality

When are they going to get that Brandon Vera guy to fight? Going to the one championship website and seeing Brandon Vera as the heavyweight champion really lower the standards of the organisation. He hasn't fought for 2 years. Look into other threads people laugh when they see him as the champion, they assume everyone in one championship is low tier, low quality

23 Nov

He actually isn't bad though, he's just faced scrubs so far in ONE.
His next opponent will be his toughest there.

Nieky Holzken vs Cosmo Alexandre
@ ONE in Jakarta November 17

One for you guys to look out for.

Came across this video. Superlek recently signed with onefc so I guess this is relevant.

I love One Championship. It's my favorite MMA promotion by far.

Came across this video. Superlek recently signed with onefc so I guess this is relevant.

Is Superlek the best muay thai fighter in the world? No. There hasn't been a best muay thai fighter in the world since Saenchai

Given the nature of this sport (constantly competing with the best, which means everyone loses and loses often), the only way a fighter can (imo) be best in the world is if they clearly separate themselves from everyone else; where there can be no argument about who is best. An argument for Superlek being the best in the world is an argument that usually can be made for a good dozen others at any given time.

The guy brings up Superlek's wins over certain fighters -- he's also lost plenty of times to this group. They all win, they all lose.

Is Superlek the best muay thai fighter in the world? No. There hasn't been a best muay thai fighter in the world since Saenchai

Given the nature of this sport (constantly competing with the best, which means everyone loses and loses often), the only way a fighter can (imo) be best in the world is if they clearly separate themselves from everyone else; where there can be no argument about who is best. An argument for Superlek being the best in the world is an argument that usually can be made for a good dozen others at any given time.

The guy brings up Superlek's wins over certain fighters -- he's also lost plenty of times to this group. They all win, they all lose.
Isn't that the same guy that said Littewada was greater than Saenchai, because he beat Yodwicha?

I think its also Superleks consistency. Like you said they all win and lose but Superlek rarely losses badly. He can adapt to a variety of styles and doesn't really have a obvious kryptonite like Saenchai and strong clinchers.

I think its also Superleks consistency. Like you said they all win and lose but Superlek rarely losses badly. He can adapt to a variety of styles and doesn't really have a obvious kryptonite like Saenchai and strong clinchers.

PetU-thong has styled on Superlek more than once. I reckon Superlek would show a supposed weakness like Saenchai if only he was forced to fight above his weight and/or constantly give up weight advantages.

Saenchai was losing almost exclusively when he had to give up 2-5 pounds to everyone. At an even weight, he lost two times from 2003-2014.

Superlek loses plenty at an even weight, and his most recent loss to Panpayak came with a weight advantage. And this is a blow to the idea that he could be the best fighter in the sport. The best fighter wouldn't be given a weight advantage when fighting someone from the same class.

Last edited:
Superlek loses plenty at an even weight, and his most recent loss to Panpayak came with a weight advantage. And this is a blow to the idea that he could be the best fighter in the sport. The best fighter wouldn't be given a weight advantage when fighting someone from the same class.
Yeah he can lose a competitive fight to Panpayak in the gambling influenced stadiums but then out of the blue guys like Panpayak get KO'd by Pet U Tong and other randoms like Henrique Muller showing although Panpayak (and a few others) can win and lose competitive decisions against Superlek can they adapt to a variety of styles under different types of muaythai pacing and judging?

(Btw I'm not saying Superlek is the best. I do think he's one of the best tho)

I hope evolve makes the meme real and has him running on treadmills with oxygen masks and all that.

But people only care about the fights which happened under "international rules". If a thai fights 100 or more times in the stadiums and 10 times abroad, internet logic say that the 10 fights are what should define their career.

Back