Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Please

Paying for advertisement is not a legitimate "co-promotion." This is a straightforward Thai vs Thai event where the fights are easily made by Thai promoters without "co-promotion" from One.

Last edited:
"their" ringside judges? You do realise judges are not assigned by Glory, right?
Yeah i do realise that. But the judges are assigned by the ISKA, and the ISKA is hired by GLORY.

Yeah i do realise that. But the judges are assigned by the ISKA, and the ISKA is hired by GLORY.

Glory doesn't choose their judges, the ISKA does, and the ISKA is the sanctioning body for the sport they're not just employees of Glory.

So those judges are not Glory's judges.

Glory doesn't choose their judges, the ISKA does, and the ISKA is the sanctioning body for the sport they're not just employees of Glory.

You basically just said the same thing he did.

Unfortunately I don't think Glory has many options though. They HAVE to hire a sanctioning body to handle judging and ISKA is most prevalent.

Unfortunately I don't think Glory has many options though. They HAVE to hire a sanctioning body to handle judging and ISKA is most prevalent.

It still doesn't make it "their judges". Dude was making it sound like they employ incompetent judges, sure they're incompetent but not employed/chosen by Glory directly. An organisation the size of Glory pretty much has to go through the ISKA.

It still doesn't make it "their judges". Dude was making it sound like they employ incompetent judges, sure they're incompetent but not employed/chosen by Glory directly. An organisation the size of Glory pretty much has to go through the ISKA.
Ya, which his subsequent response addressed.

If you continually hire a contractor to build a house and it keeps falling apart because that contractor has bad workers, it's still on you. Just because Glory hires ISKA and their judges keep fucking up its on them for hiring them in the first place. My only issue is it doesn't seem like they have many other options.

Ya, which his subsequent response addressed.

If you continually hire a contractor to build a house and it keeps falling apart because that contractor has bad workers, it's still on you. Just because Glory hires ISKA and their judges keep fucking up its on them for hiring them in the first place. My only issue is it doesn't seem like they have many other options.

Maybe WAKO could be an option? I feel like there would be an alternative since Kickboxing seems to be somewhat popular in Europe, but tbh I really don't know much about sanctioning bodies outside of Boxing haha

actually in most places they do not need a sanctioning body. When they first started glory they started their own sanctioning body and used it for the first 8 events I believe. Only certain places that do not usually have an athletic commission require the sanctioning bodies

You are partly right. but ISKA is a sanctioning body, but appointed by GLORY. I think they are far from the most competent authority. In the Netherlands alone you have WMTA, IRO and WFCA who have better credentials. So ISKA will benefit by pleasing GLORY, because otherwise GLORY will just go to another sanctioning body.

You are partly right. but ISKA is a sanctioning body, but appointed by GLORY. I think they are far from the most competent authority.
I'm no fan of ISKA, but I can't really think of some clearly better sanctioning people to work with either.

In the Netherlands alone you have WMTA, IRO and WFCA who have better credentials.
How so?

It'd be fine to work with one of those orgs if they did shows only in the Netherlands, but they don't. Has to be a lot easier to work with the same people everywhere and have a workflow going that both sides can rely on.

Only real problem with ISKA+Glory is the officials clearly aren't held accountable even if they shit the bed consistently. Seems to take public outrage over multiple shows to get any change.

Joop Ubeda
Al Wichgers
Stefano Valenti

All had their time being "the main ref", sucked for multiple shows and there didn't seem to be any accountability no matter what they did. Till then suddenly one day they were gone for good never to be seen again. Probably going to be Paul Nicholls next on that list. But it's the same thing with him now, he'll just keep affecting fights till it boils over. ISKA could just use him less already and not wait till the day it gets to be too much. Why the fuck can't they be proactive at all?

Use John Axewood for all the events you can and certainly the main fights over Nichols.
Atsushi Onari would be great but they only seem to bring him in for China and for some of the bigger events with Hari and such.
Big John is great if he's available.
Don't hate Dan Mergliotta.
There's a couple other refs who at least don't suck every time they are there, don't know their names though.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of ISKA, but I can't really think of some clearly better sanctioning people to work with either.

How so?

It'd be fine to work with one of those orgs if they did shows only in the Netherlands, but they don't. Has to be a lot easier to work with the same people everywhere and have a workflow going that both sides can rely on.

Only real problem with ISKA+Glory is the officials clearly aren't held accountable even if they shit the bed consistently. Seems to take public outrage over multiple shows to get any change.

Joop Ubeda
Al Wichgers
Stefano Valenti

All had their time being "the main ref", sucked for multiple shows and there didn't seem to be any accountability no matter what they did. Till then suddenly one day they were gone for good never to be seen again. Probably going to be Paul Nicholls next on that list. But it's the same thing with him now, he'll just keep affecting fights till it boils over. ISKA could just use him less already and not wait till the day it gets to be too much. Why the fuck can't they be proactive at all?

Use John Axewood for all the events you can and certainly the main fights over Nichols.
Atsushi Onari would be great but they only seem to bring him in for China and for some of the bigger events with Hari and such.
There's a couple other refs who at least don't suck every time they are there, don't know their names though.
Paul Nicholls fucking sucks man. Glory/ISKA needs to train their judges and referees better. Maybe have them go trough hours of fight footage and have them score rounds. Only those that score the rounds flawlessly should be allowed to be judges.

Sometimes the current scoring just seems sporadic, there is no consistent pattern.

How so?

Joop Ubeda
Al Wichgers
Stefano Valenti

You are talking about referees. the discussion was about judges. :)

Yeah. Just went along more about the ISKA.

Can't say that much about judges, other than 5 seems better than 3. Think most of the awful decisions in Glory have been times with 3 judges and for Glory's defense they've said they always use 5 when they can now.

Last edited:
I think refereeing is a bigger issue in Glory than judging honestly. Paul Nichols is trash, throw him in the heap with Joop Ubeda.

More Jon Axewood anytime he's available. Smooth as silk in the ring, only involves himself when absolutely needed and keeps things flowing.

I know BJM isn't doing MMA but I think he can still do Kickboxing. He's fantastic and probably the best at actually enforcing Glory's clinch rules appropriately.

as said multiple times before John Axewood rules, the guy is the best ref on glory and every fight he is fighters and fans were way less succeptible to see shitty mistakes.

Onari is also amazing,but since the new K-1 he is too much against any clinch...To be Fair the Glory and Especially the new K-1 are too bias against limited clinch, especially Glory who haves on his rules, they say that clinch followed up by a Knee is ok,but still taking points from the guys that do it, there isnt anything talking about how often you can use this technique..

just change the clinch immediate knee if they want to(would be bad BTW) but stop taking points away from guys that use it, IT IS LEGAL IN THE GODDAMN RULES!

I absolutely hate the K-1 refs and that stupid clinch rule. NOOOO THE CLINCHIIING!!!

They put in the rule to make fights flow better but that isn't the case when you have a crybaby ref constantly interfering with a frustrated look on his face.

Back