***ONE Championship Welterweight Champion, "Funky" Ben Askren SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nearly enough and not enough personal attacks. Talk shit about Tyron's mother or something!

LOL Tyron is one of my really close friends and I like his mom a lot as well. Not gonna happen

As one of the very few clean fighters in the sport (imo) how much does it bother you knowing that you are willingly putting yourself at a bit of a disadvantage, especially as you enter your 30s.

Is staying PED free more of an ethical, health, or legacy protection choice for you at this point?

Do you ever get pre-fight jitters, or nervousness? If so, how do you cope with it?

LOL Tyron is one of my really close friends and I like his mom a lot as well. Not gonna happen
LOL! I know! I figured the two of you could start a beef at Roufus and sort of have the falling out like Rashad and JBJ did at Jax/Winks!

As one of the very few clean fighters in the sport (imo) how much does it bother you knowing that you are willingly putting yourself at a bit of a disadvantage, especially as you enter your 30s.

Is staying PED free more of an ethical, health, or legacy protection choice for you at this point?

It is all of the above for me and it does not bother me a bit because I trust my skill set and my mind to be able to execute when necessary.

I do love that USADA is cracking down on all of these cheating low lifes.

Hey Ben! What happened with your Lineup MMA podcast? I went a month without it before I learned of the new SFB podcast. You, Joe and Sean are awesome together and I love the insight.

Ben... what is your take on your nemesis Johny Hendricks missing 170 lb so many times and having to move up to 185? Could you beat him at 185? And is there any update on your feud with Dana White or you guys cool now?

CAFd6WGVIAAMpqc.0.jpg

Do you ever get pre-fight jitters, or nervousness? If so, how do you cope with it?
Not too much I have a really good routine that works for me that I have been using since about 16 that really gets me prepared the right way for competition.

Do you think Chael will likely lose to Wanderlei Silva?

I do.

Ben... what is your take on your nemesis Johny Hendricks missing 170 lb so many times and having to move up to 185? Could you beat him at 185? And is there any update on your feud with Dana White or you guys cool now?

CAFd6WGVIAAMpqc.0.jpg
I can't believe that he can't follow a diet

Hey Ben! What happened with your Lineup MMA podcast? I went a month without it before I learned of the new SFB podcast. You, Joe and Sean are awesome together and I love the insight.
Lineup was cutting it and we got the chance to move to Podcast One so we took it!

Who do you think would be your hardest opponent at 170? That includes all orgs

Hi Ben

Is it difficult competing in hot climates like phillipines and Singapore?

Hi Ben,

Didn't Coker call you when he took Bellator's management?

Wouldn't you like to fight in the USA again?

If you take your opponents back next week any chance we can get another finger licking slap or whoop-de do rodeo?

Both are probably my most used gifs on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back