One for the good guys!

You're talking like you're still a teenager.

Of course kids know not to do bad things. But they often do. It's sad when the consequence of their action is death because kids don't really understand the world. They don't realize how mortal they are or how profoundly their actions impact others. Their brains aren't even fully developed.

What these kids did was terrible and they deserved harsh punishment to learn from their behavior. It's unfortunate that they won't get to learn from their mistake. But it's a good thing the cop is safe.

This isn't a complicated position I'm holding, I'm not really sure what you're having trouble accepting.

I fully understand your position, I just completely disagree with you.

I think that many, many cops are corrupt assholes and should be hanged in public. Nevertheless, I do feel that most cops are good people and I recognize that they have a difficult job.

This happened in Chile, a federal officer was getting carjacked by four, armed youths (16-17) years old. He killed 3 of them and the fourth was arrested.
I think that this is a good shooting and that media needs to take the side of the police in situations like this as opposed to continuously painting the cops as the bad guys.

Article: https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias...-intentaron-robarle-su-auto-en-recoleta.shtml

Yes, it is in Spanish, translate it yourselves. Half of the people here took Spanish classes at school and should be able to read this.
How do you know this particular officer isn't a "corrupt asshole"?

I fully understand your position, I just completely disagree with you.

You think teenagers understand their own mortality? You think they fully understand how their actions affect others? You think their brains are fully developed?

When was the last time you talked to a 17 year old? Do you seriously not see them as children?

They were kids. There are many productive, valuable adults that did terrible shit in their youth, most notably Mark Wahlberg. What would the world be like if some cop had killed teenage Mark Wahlberg?

But seriously, glad the cop is okay. Any story that involves dead kids is a tragedy, though.
we'd have been spared some awful acting......

Stop calling them kids. They were young men. 17 is not a kid. I was living on my own by the time I was 17, finishing highschool and working full time midnight shift in a factory. I knew there would be consequences if I were to go and do some armed robbery.

I know most of you think that more hugs are the answer, but it isn't.
These pieces of garbage need to be eliminated, people need to know that there will be consequences for their actions.

Bitch your brain doesn't even stop growing till your mid 20s.

As far as I'm concerned most people never grow up completely.

Back