One odd/outstanding betting story where you just nailed a long shot?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
For me, it was most recently Randa Markos vs Marina Rodriguez +5500 for a draw!! :)

Of course I only threw a tiny bit at that fight, but it's enough to buy me 55 for "long shots" like this and maybe hit another one :)

I hit Cardinals to win the World Series in 2011 at +1600 for 4 units before the last regular season game that they had to win to make the playoffs. Never have my interests as a fan and a gambler converged so perfectly.

Last edited:
i went about 8u deep on michael bisping in the rematch against rockhold at +700.

I was 19 years old, was 1996. I followed boxing pretty closely (started following and training MMA after college when I was 22).

Online gambling wasn't a thing at all so I asked the bookie at the bar we went to (with our horrible fake ID's LOL, that was the one bar we knew didn't care at all and barely looked at them) if he was taking any bets on Tyson/Holyfield. He said he would but needed to check odds because he didn't normally take action on boxing. Back then smart phones didn't exist so he tells me he will check and call me. He calls me and says Tyson is an 18-1 favorite. I said okay, so you'll give me 14-1 on Holyfield then? He said 12-1. I asked for 13-1 and said fine. So I put $200 on Evander (as a broke college kid in 1996, that was a damn shitload of $ to me).

Funny thing was, my buddies and I all chipped in and ordered the fight and I told them about my bet. They were all laughing at me saying I'd thrown away two hundred bucks. But I honestly FAVORED Holyfield. And right away when he was the one bullying Tyson and making him back up I told my buddies "It's over. There's no way Tyson can win being backed up like this. Holyfield is stronger and Tyson has no clue what to do right now. Just watch." This was in like round 2. They all still said I was crazy and the Tyson KO was coming.

Needless to say after Evander dominated and stopped Mike they never questioned me on boxing again. And that bookie told me he'd never take boxing bets again (not just from me but from anyone LOL).

I was 19 years old, was 1996. I followed boxing pretty closely (started following and training MMA after college when I was 22).

Online gambling wasn't a thing at all so I asked the bookie at the bar we went to (with our horrible fake ID's LOL, that was the one bar we knew didn't care at all and barely looked at them) if he was taking any bets on Tyson/Holyfield. He said he would but needed to check odds because he didn't normally take action on boxing. Back then smart phones didn't exist so he tells me he will check and call me. He calls me and says Tyson is an 18-1 favorite. I said okay, so you'll give me 14-1 on Holyfield then? He said 12-1. I asked for 13-1 and said fine. So I put $200 on Evander (as a broke college kid in 1996, that was a damn shitload of $ to me).

Funny thing was, my buddies and I all chipped in and ordered the fight and I told them about my bet. They were all laughing at me saying I'd thrown away two hundred bucks. But I honestly FAVORED Holyfield. And right away when he was the one bullying Tyson and making him back up I told my buddies "It's over. There's no way Tyson can win being backed up like this. Holyfield is stronger and Tyson has no clue what to do right now. Just watch." This was in like round 2. They all still said I was crazy and the Tyson KO was coming.

Needless to say after Evander dominated and stopped Mike they never questioned me on boxing again. And that bookie told me he'd never take boxing bets again (not just from me but from anyone LOL).
Love stories like this. Did you catch Teddy Atlas on JRE recently? He shared some very interesting thoughts on Tyson. And he said he knew right away Mike was fucked in that fight. He recalled all the post fight analysis saying Tyson bit his ear bc he was a savage, etc. But Teddy knew he couldn’t deal w adversity and was just looking for a way out. Said his natural gifts were actually a huge hinderance to his development bc he became so accustomed to just walking through guys.

Love stories like this. Did you catch Teddy Atlas on JRE recently? He shared some very interesting thoughts on Tyson. And he said he knew right away Mike was fucked in that fight. He recalled all the post fight analysis saying Tyson bit his ear bc he was a savage, etc. But Teddy knew he couldn’t deal w adversity and was just looking for a way out. Said his natural gifts were actually a huge hinderance to his development bc he became so accustomed to just walking through guys.

The ear bite was actually the rematch, I bet on Tyson/Holyfield 1. In the rematch I think Tyson was maybe about a 2-1 favorite?

I've only been gambling about a year now. Placed my first bet on T.Ferg against Kevin Lee. Paid for the -210 juice and won 100$. The next bet I had any confidence in was on Thug Rose against Joanna. I was utterly convinced she was going to finish Joanna and I laid my whole 300$ bankroll on her at +500 and now I'm still going up and down with that money today lol.

Not really a long shot but I threw a flat $2500 on a ridiculous Nunes opener (I want to say +220 but I honestly don’t remember) for the Rousey fight. The good old days when 5D didn’t limit their openers at betting to win like a dollar

Not really a long shot but I threw a flat $2500 on a ridiculous Nunes opener (I want to say +220 but I honestly don’t remember) for the Rousey fight. The good old days when 5D didn’t limit their openers at betting to win like a dollar
Someday we'll tell people you could make large bets like that at opening odds and they simply won't believe us.

Not a very outstanding story but I have a seriously good gut feeling for how Hunt matches go.

Hunt vs Brock
Hunt vs Lewis
Hunt vs Overeem
Hunt vs Blaydes
Hunt vs Oleynik

Five out of five Hunt bets, all bullseye. To the point, I even predicted Hunt vs Lewis KO by the round and hit like 20.0 odds. Betting against him on the upcoming card as well.

(it helps that Hunt is my favorite fighter and have watched all his fights for numerous times and know his every strength and weakness vs these opponents)

ufc160.jpg View attachment 453231 I have too many to count, but I literally destroyed UFC 160. Here was my betslip going into it:

Literally every single bet on that ticket won except my plays on Feijao, Pat Barry, Rick Story, and Colton Smith. Over $2000 alone won on TJ Grant over Gray Maynard. I red marked the only plays that lost.

Last edited:
a few crazy parlays:

gangsta.png

parlay1.png

parlay2.png

Before 2015 MLB season bet 2.5 u on Mets to win division at 6-1, 2 u for them to make world series at 15-1, and 1 u for them to win. Didnt win that last one, but hit that big. (Unfortanetly made similar bets on Mets this year...)
Also bet 1u on Holm over Rousey at +1200.
These two weren't big upsets, but my two biggest bets ever were Weidman for 10u each (never bet that big on any fights) as an underdog ( I think at app +200 and +160) in 2 fights vs Silva. Sometimes, you just have a feeling, and I felt very strongly that it was Weidman's time.

How did you have those guts???

Can't admire you enough, teach me.

i'm nothing special man, there are guys way better than me. i just use conventional sharp betting advice. most weeks it's small wins and small loses with the occasional supernova night here and there.

you might like my mma betting guide i wrote for a tipster site, poured out all my knowledge into there.

Last edited:
That first jab you must have been dancing.

Was over before it started.

I had the photo up in the horse betting thread.

Meant to put $10 down but dropped a $100 on a $101 roughie.

My only reason for backing it was it has 2 enquiry on why it ran shit 2 runs straight..

Feel like I got in on the con, the fav missing the start helped massively.

Fucking good times.

that feeling when you hit a hail mary parlay <{anton}>

KhtezKk.png

50$ to win 3.1k$ ish

got this one tonight. had a few before on mma but most on e-sports also hit odds +50000 once on optic to win a counter strike tournament that was pretty sick paid about 25k$

Last edited:
Back