One of the worst decisions nobody talks about

Kingz

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Gegard Mousasi vs Keith Jardine ending in a draw.

Showtime is airing the Diaz vs Daley card right now and the live airing was the last time I actually watched Mousasi vs Jardine. So it’s been some years and Mousasi beat the piss out of Jardine.

I remember thinking Mousasi should’ve won then but I think I may have over valued the takedown myself and fooled myself into thinking Mousasi allowed the fight to be too close. Not to mention UFC shills beating their chest about over the hill Jardine pushing Mousasi to a draw I was probably fanning those flames wherever I was that night...but I shouldn’t have because it was all horse shit.

Jardine didn’t win a round. He didn’t almost win a round. He wasn’t close. He managed to get 6 go nowhere takedowns that didn’t even properly buy him relief from the beating he was taking. He was outstruck by over 100 and Mousasi took him down a few times himself.

That was terrible.

Didn’t want to make a thread but I couldn’t find an existing thread to vent it. Absolutely turrible. Delayed rage.

I’m happy that judges have wised up to the go nowhere takedowns. That was a clean sweep.

I think that was universally considered to be a bad decision/horrible aspect of the scoring system. Probably why it doesn't get talked about, there aren't many who would argue for Jardine.

honestly, i think it was the worst decision i've ever seen. i recall saying this before on here and actually having people argue with me about it (that the decision was right).

jardine looked like he was literally about to die a few times.

edit:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/122416047/

I had some "nice" little conversations with some guys in the UFC section about this fight...because they tried to discredit Gegard for drawing with Jardine...lol

Leonard Garcia got robbed against max Holloway.
It' kind of crazy to think now but it' true. I think most fans aren' aware of this fight.

Biggest robbery ever in MMA was probably Mike Easton vs Chase Beebee in some local promotion.

Easton got a decision by being taken down at will for 5 rounds.

what was the point deducted for?

Gegard Mousasi vs Keith Jardine ending in a draw.

Showtime is airing the Diaz vs Daley card right now and the live airing was the last time I actually watched Mousasi vs Jardine. So it’s been some years and Mousasi beat the piss out of Jardine.

I remember thinking Mousasi should’ve won then but I think I may have over valued the takedown myself and fooled myself into thinking Mousasi allowed the fight to be too close. Not to mention UFC shills beating their chest about over the hill Jardine pushing Mousasi to a draw I was probably fanning those flames wherever I was that night...but I shouldn’t have because it was all horse shit.

Jardine didn’t win a round. He didn’t almost win a round. He wasn’t close. He managed to get 6 go nowhere takedowns that didn’t even properly buy him relief from the beating he was taking. He was outstruck by over 100 and Mousasi took him down a few times himself.

That was terrible.

Didn’t want to make a thread but I couldn’t find an existing thread to vent it. Absolutely turrible. Delayed rage.

I’m happy that judges have wised up to the go nowhere takedowns. That was a clean sweep.

I 'll never forget fight cause I had a mouthful of fettuccini pesto and when they came back from commercial and heard words " majority draw"- part of my pasta fell from my mouth as my wife wasnt too happy. To this day, I saw one man take another man behind the woodshed and give him the beating of his life and somehow Jardine got a draw is beyond me.I had it a clear 30-27 across the board. Yes, Jardine had 4 meaningless takedowns in 1st but Gegard was up within 10-15 seconds on each--- beat the piss out of the guy for every second remaining in round.
There was also that ghost upkick that didn't touch Jardine but ref beltran- I THINK- took a point from moose.

#utterfubar

Biggest robbery ever in MMA was probably Mike Easton vs Chase Beebee in some local promotion.

Easton got a decision by being taken down at will for 5 rounds.

Have you actually seen it? I remember it was listed as Sherdogs Biggest Robbery one year but I was never able to find a copy to watch. Is it available anywhere now?

Have you actually seen it? I remember it was listed as Sherdogs Biggest Robbery one year but I was never able to find a copy to watch. Is it available anywhere now?

I remember it was on YouTube awhile ago.

There’s not much to see, 5 rounds of takedowns n lay n pray.

Try watching Leonard Garcia vs nam phan.

It was pretty shocking that Jardines moustache biker buddy ref took a point from Mousasi for an upkick that barely landed too.

Ever heard of Diego Sanchez? That guy has at least four wins thanks to bad judges.

Jardine doesn't look like a fighter and his "winery owner came to a bluegrass show" image never associates with 3Vs- vicious, victorious, violent.

Try watching Leonard Garcia vs nam phan.

This was another atrocious ass decision. Garcia had a style that made him look busy while doing jack shit or damage that enabled him to straight up rob a few decisions in his career.

Luckily judges have wised up with the go nowhere takedowns. They've also wised up about winging punches hitting nothing but air since the height of Deigo Sanchez and Leonard Garcia's bullshit.

It was decisions like this one that forced me to stop caring about MMA.

Last edited:
Back