One of top high school volleyball players plays basketball too.

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am rare in that I am a men's college volleyball fan. This guy is one of the top recruits for volleyball for 2018.

It looks like he could be a basketball player too. If you were a high school kid would you want to be one of the top guys in your minor sport or be a guy who maybe could play basketball at a lower level college team based on your athleticism.

Last edited:
I pretty sure most volleyball players start off as basketball players. Afterall, you can technically still play the game of basketball without being 6'6" and higher. You can make jumpshots at any height. But with volley ball, you wont be able to spike unless you can get over the net. And you have to be able to get over the net to spike. You cannot score points unless you can spike.

And I cannot tell who he is in that vid.

Last edited:
The video shows highlights from a recent game on 10/22/17 for the first half of the video and some highlights from last year.

I changed the link to fast forward to highlights from last year when he was a junior so it obvious who he is. If anyone wants to see his highlights from a recent game, rewind the video and he is number 1.

The kid has been on the national club volleyball championship team the last the last three years - 15s to 17s. He was named All American the last three years and was MVP at nationals in the 16 year old top division. He is one of the top volleyball recruits and is headed to UCLA to play volleyball.

With his length and athleticism, I would think if he played club basketball he would probably at least made a mid-Major Division 1 college basketball team.

UCLA already has a freak athlete on the volleyball team - Daenan Gyimah

If he was good enough to get a basketball scholarship then he'd likely choose ball. A lot more money in a real sport and volleyball is for girls.

I'd rather be on the men's volleyball team at say Ohio State, than on the men's basketball team at Delaware State.

D1 full ride scholarship for volleyball

Or

Lower D1 partial ride or D2 full ride for ball, maybe.

Hmmmm

Edit:
Plus you get to hang out with the volleyball chicks all the time, and fuck all the girls who love volleyball but suck at it. Gotta love groupies.

volleyball chicks got great asses, it's better to be a big fish in a small pond versus just another tuna among sharks.

I am rare in that I am a men's college volleyball fan. This guy is one of the top recruits for volleyball for 2018.

It looks like he could be a basketball player too. If you were a high school kid would you want to be one of the top guys in your minor sport or be a guy who maybe could play basketball at a lower level college team based on your athleticism.

The only good volleyball player is a female volleyball player.

The video shows highlights from a recent game on 10/22/17 for the first half of the video and some highlights from last year.

I changed the link to fast forward to highlights from last year when he was a junior so it obvious who he is. If anyone wants to see his highlights from a recent game, rewind the video and he is number 1.

The kid has been on the national club volleyball championship team the last the last three years - 15s to 17s. He was named All American the last three years and was MVP at nationals in the 16 year old top division. He is one of the top volleyball recruits and is headed to UCLA to play volleyball.

With his length and athleticism, I would think if he played club basketball he would probably at least made a mid-Major Division 1 college basketball team.

UCLA already has a freak athlete on the volleyball team - Daenan Gyimah

They need to make the net higher just for that Gyimah kid. He may as well play badminton, or wall hand ball with those ups. What is point of playing volley ball with his ups.

Depends if he has a jumper and can he shoot the 3pt.

Chase Budinger was the top volleyball player in the nation and he chose basketball.

D1 full ride scholarship for volleyball

Or

Lower D1 partial ride or D2 full ride for ball, maybe.

Hmmmm

Edit:
Plus you get to hang out with the volleyball chicks all the time, and fuck all the girls who love volleyball but suck at it. Gotta love groupies.
Volleyball chicks are the salt of the earth.

The volleyball player is having a good basketball season. I saw his game last week when he went for 37 points and 27 rebounds.

Didn’t see him make a shot from beyond a foot. So yeah he seems like an ok leaper in terms of college freshman level athleticism but nothing special.

Probably should focus on volleyball. If he’s really good he could play in the Olympics and make good money professionally probably in Europe.

Jud buechler was a top volleyball and basketball recruit

Got a couple rings

I would suggest that this lad choose the sport where actual money can be made, if you're a male.

I've seen some of his games. He could definitely play at a mid-major division 1 school. He hit 5 3 pointers in one game so he doesn't just dunk. He leads the team in points (and he shoots a high percentage), assists and rebounds by a large margin. However, his team is pretty bad. They have him and a guy who signed to play football at Duke and then the level of play drops a lot.

I'd like him to stick to volleyball. I am more of a fan of volleyball.

Dude should stick with Volleyball and get that Beach Volleyball poontang.

Back