Media ONE: something something LIONS! (Streaming LIVE now, link inside.)

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Live stream:

-

Here's the full card for ONE: roar of lions
45611468_2071890949500816_1617148963259940864_o.jpg

*Angela Lee unfortunately had to pull out of the main event fight vs Xiong Jing Nan due to a back injury, apparently stemming from her car crash.

Probably not as stacked as some of their other Singapore cards but I'm looking forward to Bibi vs Belingon 2, as Kevin has been on a real hot streak since their last fight. Still expecting Bibi to submit him tho...

The kickboxing & MT fight will surely be exciting (I think they will be using MMA gloves).
Particularly Petrosyan who is always a joy to watch.

Some high level grappling will be on display in the form of Gary Tonon and Michelle Niccolini in their respective fights. I expect both to win. Tonon seems to be an extremely aggressive MMA fighter and his opponent sung jong lee was in a really exciting fight with Amir khan previously so it should be fireworks.

Also it will just be interesting to see if they make any announcements. ALL their biggest stars and new signings are in Singapore right now.

Predictions?

Last edited:
Really hoping Belingon pulls this off. He's looked fantastic lately.

Otherwise, I really just want to see how far Tonon can go.

Probably not as stacked as some of their other Singapore cards but I'm looking forward to Bibi vs Belingon 2, as Kevin has been on a real hot streak since their last fight. Still expecting Bibi to submit him tho...
I don't expect a stoppage. It will be close. Not sure who will take it.

Kota is back fighting before Ariel Sexton?? Sexton likely in LW GP..
This card is great with Petro, Smokin Joe, and Degdamrong.
Tokudome is a pretty good fight for Lee he very well could lose. Kazuki is only 31 and has fought a lot of tough guys and has a good finishing rate.

Please Bibi for the win please!! I get nervous everytine Bibi fights almost like when Fedor fights. Great memories of Bibi DREAM and ONE run

Also Teo for the win, I find more often then not ONE WMMA is pretty entertaining more so than in other orgs

I don't expect a stoppage. It will be close. Not sure who will take it.
How much has Kevin's ground game improved though?
Bibiano handled him pretty easily once it hit the mat, in their first fight.

The MMA Junkie listing made it sound like Garry Tonon was the first main card bout. I guess I need to check during the prelims to try not to miss his match.

How much has Kevin's ground game improved though?
Bibiano handled him pretty easily once it hit the mat, in their first fight.
Neither Martin or Leone could take him down, both solid grapplers IMO. I'd say his wrestling has improved but it's yet to be seen if it has improved enough.

I only care about the bibiano and tonon fights

I hate that Tonon and Dej are prelims - that's a bit too early for me to start watching . I agree with Yamada that Tonon-Korean fighter could be all-out depending on how Tonon approaches it. Thus far he's shown that he wants to test his chin and standup. This is probably a decent opp. for that. If. I remember JungvLee's last fight correctly (good chin, swung for the fences but overall lacked power behind his shots). Feel free to correcr me...

First fight is starting

They introduced the Cambodian guy as "holding a judo record of 30 wins, 7 losses"

Welcome to one Championship lmao

Anthony Engelen defeats Meas Meul with a brutal head kick KO inside the first minute!

Great way to open the show!

<{JustBleed}>

The stalker xie bin choked the Malaysian fella unconcsious in the first round with an anaconda choke.

2 mismatches so far

First time watching. All the fights (MMA/kickboxing/Muay Thai) take place in the cage? Are they all with MMA gloves?

First time watching. All the fights (MMA/kickboxing/Muay Thai) take place in the cage? Are they all with MMA gloves?
It changes every event.

Some events in the ring, some in the cage...some use boxing gloves, some mma

They just could have 2 muay thai fighters fighting under MMA rules instead having them fighting in a cage with MMA gloves, they won't suddenly start wrestle and grapple.

I'm sitting here at the ringsidr area. Chatri doesn't look quite as slimy in person
<45>

Back