One thing overlooked in McGod vs Kabob...

Agreed. People are overlooking this. Like Conor says he 'shines under the lights'. Fighting McGregor is not just another fight it's a big event and a spectacle and if you haven't experienced it before it can really overwhelm you as it really takes away from a fighter's ability to focus on the fight because the sheer amount of media attention they receive and have to give out. One of the reasons this can affect fighters is because the stakes suddenly become higher, instead of going in there and getting into the mindset that this is just another fight you have to face the fact that this is the biggest moment of your life and that it can make or break you. Khabib not only has to deal with this but has to deal with the fact that he has an undefeated record, a whole religion and a whole nation to defend. I feel this will affect Khabib simply because he's never experienced something like this whereas Conor has and thrives under these fight conditions. It is during these conditions where Conor is able to enter a hyper focused Zen-like state whereas other fighters just wilt under the immense pressure.

I don't think it will effect Khabib but we won't know until he's actually in there. The bright lights got to Aldo, Mendes, Poirier and Alvarez who should have all been accustomed to the big time by then. I don't like Conor at all but to say his opponents aren't under a different kind of stress when they're in them with him is not being entirely honest. Watch the Aldo fight or Alvarez fights again, they crumbled under the pressure. I don't think the pressure will adversely effect the outcome of this fight though, Khabib should win without much resistance offered from Conor.

Agreed. People are overlooking this. Like Conor says he 'shines under the lights'. Fighting McGregor is not just another fight it's a big event and a spectacle and if you haven't experienced it before it can really overwhelm you as it really takes away from a fighter's ability to focus on the fight because the sheer amount of media attention they receive and have to give out. One of the reasons this can affect fighters is because the stakes suddenly become higher, instead of going in there and getting into the mindset that this is just another fight you have to face the fact that this is the biggest moment of your life and that it can make or break you. Khabib not only has to deal with this but has to deal with the fact that he has an undefeated record, a whole religion and a whole nation to defend. I feel this will affect Khabib simply because he's never experienced something like this whereas Conor has and thrives under these fight conditions. It is during these conditions where Conor is able to enter a hyper focused Zen-like state whereas other fighters just wilt under the immense pressure.

Excellent post sherbro.

full

Just like Stipe had never faced a fighter of DC's calibure and was exposed like I predicted and so many laughed it off. the same will happen to Conor. He's never faced someone like Khabib. the massive holes in Conor's game will be exposed. T-rex arm Chad Mendes had him bloodied and he was a bloated fuck and out of shape off a beach. Kabob will be glistening and juicy and ready to go. It's going to look like a joke
Your analogy is reverse. Conor is the DC who beat lots of top fighters and had some tough losses to Jones like color with Diaz. Stipe is the khabib with no good top 3 wins facing the first top 15 p4p fighter in 25 fights

Probably loves getting haters all frazzled and enjoys watching them rush to comment first on threads about fighters they supposedly care nothing about. Just a guess..

Sounds like a pathetic existence. But to each their own

One thing I haven't heard anyone bring up. Conor hasn't had an MMA fight in almost 2 years. Ring rust is real, I'd favor Khabib with a fresh Conor, but ring rust Conor I'd heavily favor Khabib.

No one is talking about the fact that Kabob has never once been on such a grand stage like a McGOAT fight. Us true Conor fans that have hung by him since day 1 through the Nate and Floyd losses have heard it constantly - he can’t beat Mini Mendes, he can’t beat Jose, and he can’t beat Edward. What do those three have in common? They were all overwhelmed by the moment and magnitude of fighting Conor. That is fact.

Without disrespecting him because I like his fighting style, Nate just doesn’t have the brain cells to be impacted by a McGod fight. Floyd is the only other man in combat sports that has been there done that on such a stage so no surprise he was not affected. Those two are the outliers.

I feel Kabob will appear strong and confident leading up to the fight, but once he makes that walk (that’s a gigantic tiramisu cake sized if btw) the reality will set in that this isn’t just any other fight and he will be a sacrificial lamb crumbling under the bright lights. He will be a deer in the headlights and Conor McGod will clatter his head off the canvas worse than he did to Edward.

My prediction: Kabobs head clean off inside 1 round!!!

War McGOAT!!! Conor bless!!!
You're quite the delusional idiot typical Conor fanboy lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back