One thing that strikes me about McGregor and Ferguson...

Tony has smooth movement. Colin looks uncoordinated and weak

Conor will fight Nate and Tony will defend his title against Khabib. Logic.

this

Conor & Dana want Khabib in Moscow for ufc Russian debut but they don't trust he'll make weight. Nate at 170 doesn't effect the title and they'll be hoping Khabib makes weight and beats Tony, then fights Conor for belt.

Does Bisping defend titles?

His last fight was a year ago and nobody seems to say anything about that.

McGregor had a boxing match in August. Did Bisping?

Just because McGregor is champion of two weight divisions doesn't mean he should have to fight twice as often as everyone else.
lol Mcgregor is not the champion of 2 weight classes. Hell, he's hardly even a champion in one weight class.

Is that they are both students of MOVEMENT. In a lot of the ufc embeddeds, during his workout El Cucuay was always moving, dancing, shuffling, juking, spinning and shadow boxing in space (also during his walkout). In fact, he seems to have a hard time staying still!

And The Notorious has his infamous movement coach, Ido. And has talked several times in the past about how he watches animals and how they move...

It will be great when these two "students of movement" meet in the octagon... perhaps Dec. 30th?

p.s. Like many of us, I was hugely disappointed when Khabib pulled out against Tony last minute, as it was going to make a clear #1 contender. However, as things stand today, I think Tony would beat Khabib (too one dimensional). So Conor vs Tony is definitely the fight I am currently most interested in seeing.

Shadow boxing in space? Luke, is that you? All jokes a side Mr.Tolle, I was very disapointed in Tonys understanding of striking in «space», no friggin progression at all! Tony needs to implement hes movement training into terping striking fundementals, not breakdancing. Tony tryed to force a playfull rythm with hes movement to get hes striking going and he fell flat on hes face geting beat to the punch by the more crisp fighter. Tony needs hes opponents to gass in order to hang with them on the feet and to get to use hes movement, at least against the explosive once with decent striking.

Tony has smooth movement. Colin looks uncoordinated and weak
You're a good poster SN, but that's literally the opposite to reality.

Ferg bounces around a fair bit, but it doesn't mean much if you can't use it to defend shots or apply striking offense. He gets hit by most things thrown at him when he's in their range. He also doesn't use his movement much offensively, as he tends to have the best success with strikes with guys he's pressured against the cage or when he's stationary in the pocket (he has nice standing elbow exchanges).

Conor doesn't move much with his feet positionally, but he certainly moves effectively. He has a wide boxer/karate hybrid stance and tends to keep just walking forward, but when he's fresh he is constantly on his toes and plants his feet in combos. His lack of movement circling just suits his style -- he's an aggressive striker and an even better counter-striker. It doesn't get talked about much on these boards, but IMO that's a big part of his success. He closes in quickly with offense, but he has the same success sitting still and waiting for counter strikes. You can't win with him on the feet unless you can weather his storm or somehow catch him early, and that hasn't happened yet.

Conor also moves well laterally in combos. Which is again deceptive, because he doesn't move laterally much -- if at all -- when he's outside the pocket. He's that confident in his ability to counter that he feels he doesn't need to.

But I agree with the 'weak' comment...I don't think he has nearly as much power as he or his hardcore fans make out. He's just phenomenal at landing on the button with successive, lightening quick punches.

Just because McGregor is champion of two weight divisions doesn't mean he should have to fight twice as often as everyone else.
1) He was, not he is.
2) Actually it meant exactly that, because the whole premise because of which he was the first to be allowed to fight for a second belt, while retaining his first one, was that he was active enough to defend both.

And The Notorious has his infamous movement coach, Ido. And has talked several times in the past about how he watches animals and how they move...
Oh he reminds me of a certain type of bird.

duck-05.jpg

Conor will counter strike left Tony and that is game over

1) He was, not he is.
2) Actually it meant exactly that, because the whole premise because of which he was the first to be allowed to fight for a second belt, while retaining his first one, was that he was active enough to defend both.
Show me that please.

Where did it state it? In his contract?

Show me that please.

Where did it state it? In his contract?
Show you what, 1) or 2) ?

If it's 1), well, he ain't been FW champion for almost a year now.

I mean, either that is really your first account and in that case you are so casual that you were truly oblivious of Conor being stripped. Or, you are one of those blind Conor zombies that tries to justify via mental masturbation everything he does (i.e. your assertion that even if he has two belts doesn't mean that he has to fight enough to defend them both. Really? GTFO).

The coincidence of your join date being the day after Conor got his ass kicked by Floyd suggests to me the latter is indeed the case, i.e. that you are one of those dummies and that you also thought he would starch Floyd, only to go run into hiding in the aftermath and change identity.

Regarding 2)

You're welcome.

Is that they are both students of MOVEMENT. In a lot of the ufc embeddeds, during his workout El Cucuay was always moving, dancing, shuffling, juking, spinning and shadow boxing in space (also during his walkout). In fact, he seems to have a hard time staying still!

It will be great when these two "students of movement" meet in the octagon... perhaps Dec. 30th?

p.s. Like many of us, I was hugely disappointed when Khabib pulled out against Tony last minute, as it was going to make a clear #1 contender. However, as things stand today, I think Tony would beat Khabib (too one dimensional). So Conor vs Tony is definitely the fight I am currently most interested in seeing.

I think it is an intriguing fight.
IMO Tony is a lot more versatile than Conor.
But Conor's standup is more crisp than Tony, plus you gotta think that all this Boxing training helped him improve his striking even further.
Add to it that Tony is very hittable.

But He is also durable, and have a ground game that, if gone there, can surely end the night for Conor.

IMHO this will be a test for both.
If no one makes a mistake, I see Conor having a good advantage early on, until he tires and then El Cucuy takes over.
If it goes a decision, I think Conor takes it, and it will be controversial, as we know Conor will tire by the second round, and Tony would have won 3rd, 4th and 5th.

As for Khabib, I do think you are overlooking the fact that him fighting anyone is always the same thing. Will he put his hands on you before you knock him out?
Yes, one dimensional he might be. But there's a reason he's unbeaten.
If he puts his hands on you, you are not getting away. And this is what makes him intriguing as well. A pity he pulled out of Tony's fight.
But he should be next (if he wins his next fight).

Show you what, 1) or 2) ?

If it's 1), well, he ain't been FW champion for almost a year now.

I mean, either that is really your first account and in that case you are so casual that you were truly oblivious of Conor being stripped. Or, you are one of those blind Conor zombies that tries to justify via mental masturbation everything he does (i.e. your assertion that even if he has two belts doesn't mean that he has to fight enough to defend them both. Really? GTFO).

The coincidence of your join date being the day after Conor got his ass kicked by Floyd suggests to me the latter is indeed the case, i.e. that you are one of those dummies and that you also thought he would starch Floyd, only to go run into hiding in the aftermath and change identity.

Regarding 2)

You're welcome.

Maybe I mis-wrote because I just got up?

Words at a press conference are not contractually binding.

He doesn't have to fight 4 times a year does he?

It's not a rule enforced by the UFC.

So why do fucking weird bitter cunts like you start giving shit about him being inactive?

McGregor earned a fuck-ton of cash for the UFC with the Mayweather match.

None of the charisma starved others would've been able to do that would they? McGreg

Your baseless hate makes me laugh but it's pretty confusing.

So is your suspicion about my tenure as a fight fan and my account.

I have watched combat sports since the very early 90s and I have 1 account here.

Check with the mods you sad cunt :D

Focus on the message, not the messenger.

Last edited:
Does Bisping defend titles?

His last fight was a year ago and nobody seems to say anything about that.

McGregor had a boxing match in August. Did Bisping?

Just because McGregor ******WAS****** champion of two weight divisions doesn't mean he should have to fight twice as often as everyone else.

You're right, he doesn't have to fight twice as much. But he should at least fight in the UFC and defend a title. Don't get me wrong, I hate Bisping just as much as the next person, but he did at least fight in a fight where he had a chance to lose his title. McNuggets has never once put a belt on the line. It's time for him to prove he's a real champ or just leave and let the UFC move on.

Back