OneFC Reportedly Investing $50 Mil into Mighty Mouse and ESports - Sage Northcutt in Singapore

It's behind the scenes gambling between mostly rich chinese ppl. That is where the revenue is coming from
Exactly, people don't realize how much money the Chinese are throwing around.

Chinese New Year is when Las Vegas makes MOST of it's money, these dudes love to just fly in and drop massive stacks during that month. It outshadows every other holiday.

ONE is pretty fucking fishy. Seven years in:

Masses of venture capital

The owner has a friend at Forbes who writes monthly puff pieces about the massive success of ONE

Ambitious plans to dominate Asian combat sports, penetrate Japan in 2019, hold 120 events per annum, etc etc.

Yet:

Makes huge financial losses

Actual revenue is minimal, and mostly related to 'barter transactions' rather than actual cash

Ticket sales are usually very shitty indeed, and most tickets are given away for free

Endless lies from the company about the size of their audience - makes Dana White appear honest

No TV broadcasting deals that are worth anything

The product is given away for free as the events are broadcast over an app or YouTube

The fights are often fun, but the fighters are largely anonymous and C-level in terms of talent

Recruits some major free agents - presumably the venture capital cash will be spent on their purses - but of limited box office appeal (DJ), or post-prime (Alvarez)

Expands into boxing, kickboxing and now e-sports with no obvious rationale for doing so

What the fuck is going on with ONE?! Paging @FrankieNYC to break down the emerging war for Asian MMA between ONE and Rizin.
Do we know where the money is coming from ? i would say money laundering is the most likely

Do we know where the money is coming from ? i would say money laundering is the most likely

Bloody Elbow made a great article about how sketchy OneFC's revenue truly is...

I realise there is massive amounts of cash floating around in Asia, but surely investors have to see a business model that makes some fucking sense? ONE doesn't have that, not that I can discern at least. This is why so many people suspect criminality/corruption - whether in terms of the financing or the ultimate goal of the business - and remain deeply sceptical of the whole thing.

Something doesn't smell right when it comes to ONE.

I realise there is massive amounts of cash floating around in Asia, but surely investors have to see a business model that makes some fucking sense? ONE doesn't have that, not that I can discern at least. This is why so many people suspect criminality/corruption - whether in terms of the financing or the ultimate goal of the business - and remain deeply sceptical of the whole thing.

I hope this doesn't blow up in the face of all their newly signed fighters....

There's definitely something suspect going on but I'm happy for the fighters getting paid.

Djs not good at the games he plays tho I'm. Confused

There's definitely something suspect going on but I'm happy for the fighters getting paid.

For now..
Until ONE Fc vanished into thin air and takes all the revenue generated without paying anyone

It's propped up by the gambling industry and there is also a shit ton of "new money" in that region that is looking to invest in anything that sounds cool.

The Chinese business model is also a bit different than an American one. If your business fails, it's much easier to just flip it with a new name and carry over a ton of assets without as much public scrutiny as you would see in a Western market.

Just think of how Pride was run, but now imagine way less regulations and a much larger gambling market to fund it.

I think his Dad pretty much own's him.
So all of these moves are just his dad trying to squeeze every penny out of his boy lol
Such a smart Businessman Mr. Northcutt from selling gear and managing his son's career.

Sherdog,

OneFC has been making splashes with the signing of Eddie Alvarez and the Trade for DJ.
According to MMA On Point, OneFC are investing $50 Mill into DJ signing as well as some of the action going on in the world of E sports.

Additionally, we know that Sage Northcutt is a free agent and traveled to Singapore to meet with OneFC to further contract negotiations.

With all of this heavy spending, including the fact that Eddie Alvarez claims that they are paying a collective sum of "8-Figures" the question really is where are they getting all of this money from and how are they going to further generate revenue?

For those who have their app - they show the fights for FREE.

Are you excited to see the new moves being done by OneFC?
Are you concerned about their heavy up-front expenses without a true backend plan that see's them generating healthy revenue in a 5+ year plan?

@FrankieNYC - I wanna hear what you gotta say about this

MMAOnPoint:

Rizin had a Tekken match on their last card.

This sounds like the makings of a classic MMA failure.

They should read the history books, particularly the "Bodog" section.
Not sure if trolling or retarded.

Bodog founder Calvin Ayre is a billionaire today, and is currently making his riches in Bitcoin.

Not sure if trolling or retarded.

Bodog founder Calvin Ayre is a billionaire today, and is currently making his riches in Bitcoin.
Not sure if unperceptive or idiotic.

Where's BodogFight today, Calvin? Also, nice criminal charges and guilty pleas. :)

MMA slowly turning into boxing. WME shedding talented fighters that don't draw and keeping the exciting fighters. In the future, expect cross promotion bouts where profit sharing is thrown into contracts.

This makes me lose so much respect for dj

First he didn't wanna fight tj then he didn't wanna fight in UFC after first lose and try to avenge loss

They literally played Tekken in the ring.

This is unbelievable...

tenor.gif

Back