Ongoing Team Lloyd Irvin Scandal - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if they would have simply dropped their second-tier TLI athletes

lol

tim spriggs is the best brown belt in the world and a future contender at black belt
delbrugge won worlds at blue and is only like 18 i think

hate on lloyd and ronin all you want but these kids are fucking good

They actively rep the team and are adamant in their support for a man whom, by most accounts, is a sociopath and a dangerous force in the bjj world. At the very least, he is an incredible sleazy businessman and con artist.

Discount that all you want, but that is important to a lot of people. The NYE rape case was just a catalyst for exposing what TLI and LI himself are all about and what they value. Most of us don't stand behind those same values.

I wish more people would take this line of reasoning in the TLI case.

lol

tim spriggs is the best brown belt in the world and a future contender at black belt
delbrugge won worlds at blue and is only like 18 i think

hate on lloyd and ronin all you want but these kids are fucking good

is he? browns like keenan and meows and jackson just got promoted.

wouldn't doubt to see some brown right out of brazil wreck shit.

I get your opinions on the matter but the boycotting focus seems to be on Ronin brand, but why no boycott of Q5 Labs or Vulkan?

The top Blue belt right now Benji Silva, reps the 3% patch...you know...the company Lloyd has a hand in. But not one word is said about him.

If you're gonna boycott, then boycott.

is he? browns like keenan and meows and jackson just got promoted.

wouldn't doubt to see some brown right out of brazil wreck shit.

I remember hearing something about a pretty bad injury when Tim was a purple belt, had some time off and came back to start winning at Brown belt. He'll probably get it after Worlds like everyone else.

I get your opinions on the matter but the boycotting focus seems to be on Ronin brand, but why no boycott of Q5 Labs or Vulkan?

The top Blue belt right now Benji Silva, reps the 3% patch...you know...the company Lloyd has a hand in. But not one word is said about him.

If you're gonna boycott, then boycott.

i don't think anyone is buying 3% and we wouldn't have a problem boycotting them.

we can boycott vulkan too

i don't think anyone is buying 3% and we wouldn't have a problem boycotting them.

we can boycott vulkan too

I'm talking about the athlete, not the company. If he's repping their patch, he's loosely tied to Lloyd no? Should he get the same treatment as TLI?

I'm talking about the athlete, not the company. If he's repping their patch, he's loosely tied to Lloyd no? Should he get the same treatment as TLI?

are you suggesting that people boycott Benji Silva?

Folks are now upset with two competitors who trained at a different academy, who had nothing to do with the NYE event, and are advocating a boycott of the brand of Gi that they wear? Has anyone suggested how infantile this sounds?

Ridiculous isn't it. I remember awhile back, someone mentioned how a BB under Joe Moreira named Ryan Gregg statutory raped a 15 year old student. He was pleaded guilty and then got rehired by Joe Moreira. Then ON THE MAT partnered with him and threw tournaments with him. I haven't heard a peep about boycotting ON THE MAT or any of their athletes. Just goes to show you that these guys aren't really as concerned with the crime but more Lloyd and anything Lloyd.

Ridiculous isn't it. I remember awhile back, someone mentioned how a BB under Joe Moreira named Ryan Gregg statutory raped a 15 year old student. He was pleaded guilty and then got rehired by Joe Moreira. Then ON THE MAT partnered with him and threw tournaments with him. I haven't heard a peep about boycotting ON THE MAT or any of their athletes. Just goes to show you that these guys aren't really as concerned with the crime but more Lloyd and anything Lloyd.
1: Source?
2: These aren't mutually exclusive; that's just another way to derail.
3: There's a difference between pleading guilty, serving one's sentence, and paying one's debt to society (your example) versus cheating the legal system, getting one's teammates to commit perjury, or fleeing the state with an outstanding arrest warrant (TLI).

Yo Fuck Q5, Fuck anyone that reps 3%, Fuck Vulkan, & Fuck Ronin - even though I own and like their gis.

They wanna support TLI , death will come to them all !

Well death will come to us all but we have a choice to buy Ronin stuff or not.. I chose not to.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead! But feeling better every day... Unlike Lloyd who can not get his SEO Internet assassins to suppress this thread.

that someone was you, town biz.

Lloyd is a predator posing as a martial artist. he scams people out of money. he abuses his power.

telling me or anyone else what to think about it you can f right off.

Regarding awareness of the rape case... It was brought up in my gym when it happened. No one has mentioned it since then.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that not a single person in my gym could name the two involved, and maybe 1 in 10 would remember it involved TLI.

You're absolutely right, TownBiz.

You know what the difference is? No one even knew who this guy was or is. He wasn't out promoting himself, selling products to people, selling rape seminars to people, and influencing the entire jiujitsu scene in the US.

Lloyd was. He is far more destructive than Ryan Gregg or anyone else like that.

You're absolutely right, TownBiz.

You know what the difference is? No one even knew who this guy was or is. He wasn't out promoting himself, selling products to people, selling rape seminars to people, and influencing the entire jiujitsu scene in the US.

Lloyd was. He is far more destructive than Ryan Gregg or anyone else like that.

Jeez...TownBiz still making alternate accounts after being banned multiple times so he can ride Lloyds sack on sherdog? Sad...Very sad..:eek:

So two guys who have no connection to the alleged criminal event warrant a boycott of the Gi company, whose apparel they wear? So are guys now boycotting McDonald's, Sprite, and Nike because Kobe endorses those products? Or boycotting Footlocker apparel since Tyson endorses their brand? Or is it better to purchase Gis from other Pakistan-based operations? - Pakistan, by the way, being a sponsor of international terrorism, responsible for the death of many innocent civilians abroad. I could go on at length in identifying global celebrities and shady corporations with multi-million dollar endorsements and funding streams who have engaged in criminal acts. Yet two young guys (who have never been in any legal trouble) whose "endorsement deal" probably only amounts to getting free Gis is an issue? The internet is a wonderful invention. But some people abuse it with the publishing of complete and utter bullspit. I'm not talking about you amigo. I know you're just trying to explain the theory. Just my general reaction to this line of logic.

If someone wanted to boycott those businesses because of Kobe and Tyson I would support them. Rape is a serious issue.

However, neither of those guys are involved in quite the same thing Lloyd Irvin is. Gang rape, rapist students, other rapist students is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back