Opinion: This is Us is the best show currently on television

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Not sure how many Sherdoggers watch this masterpiece which is currently on its 3rd season on NBC. The show follows the Pearson family, and on its face it is simply a standard drama.

However, what makes the show special is the character development and how the story is told. Every episode bounces back and forth between different time periods, bouncing from the present (2018), numerous time periods in the past, and as of season 2, ~20 years into the future. Three of the characters are played by three different actors spanning different time periods. In theory it sounds clunky, but it just all works. Information is slowly revealed, and the payoffs for the relevance of seemingly irrelevant information is just so satisfying.

Post here to gush about how flawless this show is.

I've heard, mainly from women, that this show is indeed the best thing on tv. Not my jam though.

I've heard, mainly from women, that this show is indeed the best thing on tv. Not my jam though.
Dude... two episodes ago, the entire episode took place in the Vietnam War. Hot Vietnamese chicks + limbs being blown off = quality TV.

Isnt about mixed raced biracial lgbtqrxs's trying to come together to cry in a post Trump,world?

No thanks

Isnt about mixed raced biracial lgbtqrxs's trying to come together to cry in a post Trump,world?

No thanks
There are racial undertones on the show, but it's mostly well done.

One of the show's major themes is about how the rich black character is never fully accepted by the white community (for being black), and rejected from the black community (for being rich, and growing up with a white family.)

Zero SJW bullshit.

it's garbage with emotional dog whistles for women to cry at during their rag

I haven't watched it but the fat chick in the commercials doesn't look very healthy. I don't understand how humans get that fat.

You know how I know you’re gay TS?

This thread right here.

Last edited:
I haven't watched it but the fat chick in the commercials doesn't look very healthy. I don't understand how humans get that fat.

When my wife was watching it I was playing Rainbow 6 waiting for a match. They seem to go over exactly how this happened.

She looks like she would breathe heavily and sweat just trying to say her lines.

She looks like she would breathe heavily and sweat just trying to say her lines.

The worst part is from what I could tell she is trying to get pregnant. She was taking some shots to help I think. Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure she is. All I could think is this poor kid is going to be stuck with this ladies shitty genetics because she can't take a year or two to get her diet in order. Well really she'd need like 4 years but still.

I've watched it with my wife a few times. The black dude is extremely annoying. The obese chick is also annoying. Mandy Moore is hot as fuck but it isn't enough to hook me.

Is this like that older "parenthood" show with Craig T Nelson ? My sister recommended me to watch that one... storylines with cancer, I'm like nah i'm good.

Opinion: TS displays his Lilith Fair and Enya box sets proudly in his home

Back