Opinion: This is Us is the best show currently on television

isn't that show for the women?
I'll pass.

Not my flavor, but seems to be decent. Women seem to love it.

Seems like a worse Grey's Anatomy.

TS is one hundred percent a female freshman in college.

Bunch of manly men up in here lol.

She looks like she would breathe heavily and sweat just trying to say her lines.

Think of the poor makeup people that have to constantly dry her brow, and touch her up after every cut.

Not sure how many Sherdoggers watch this masterpiece which is currently on its 3rd season on NBC. The show follows the Pearson family, and on its face it is simply a standard drama.

However, what makes the show special is the character development and how the story is told. Every episode bounces back and forth between different time periods, bouncing from the present (2018), numerous time periods in the past, and as of season 2, ~20 years into the future. Three of the characters are played by three different actors spanning different time periods. In theory it sounds clunky, but it just all works. Information is slowly revealed, and the payoffs for the relevance of seemingly irrelevant information is just so satisfying.

Post here to gush about how flawless this show is.

Lol, I took a good look at Hulu cover image of the cast and decided that I never want to watch a single minute of the show.

The cast just looks, the worst.

The worst part is from what I could tell she is trying to get pregnant. She was taking some shots to help I think. Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure she is. All I could think is this poor kid is going to be stuck with this ladies shitty genetics because she can't take a year or two to get her diet in order. Well really she'd need like 4 years but still.

That's not how genetics work.

Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Veep, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Silicon Valley, Fargo... I'm pretty sure these are all better shows.

The first two seasons were absolutely fantastic.

It's manipulative as hell but masterful.

Mandy Moore gave a performance last season that was absolutely transcendent.

The scene where her husband dies. Her facial expressions and body language were perfect. That scene wrecked me.

It's an extremely emotional show that really stresses familiar bonds.

The scene where Keven abruptly abandons his stage debut when he realizes Randall is having a breakdown was incredibly intense.

This season has been a bit underwhelming so far, but for me it's still must see TV.

Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Veep, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Silicon Valley, Fargo... I'm pretty sure these are all better shows.

They're all radically different.

If you enjoy this kind of show, it's absolutely brilliant.

This is a boring ass show about boring ass people who lead boring ass lives. Being black or fat or whatever idiotic issue the actor brother thinks he has, is not the basis for a show. My wife watches this garbage; I can’t make it through five minutes without wishing they’d all die in a fire.

This is a boring ass show about boring ass people who lead boring ass lives. Being black or fat or whatever idiotic issue the actor brother thinks he has, is not the basis for a show. My wife watches this garbage; I can’t make it through five minutes without wishing they’d all die in a fire.
I got it

it sucks ass, there are alot of better shows out there

That's not how genetics work.

Hmm could have swore dr. Rhona Patrick said that studies are showing being obese can change your genes and increase the chances your children are obese or something like that. This is a while back that I heard the podcast though so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back