Opinions on Gi Material Belts

BCNASH

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Had anybody worn them for any extended period of time? Do they last longer? I know Kingz and Maeda make them and I was thinking about getting one after I get promoted and was looking for opinions.

I had a WAR belt back in the day and had a Killer Bee for almost four years. I really loved them. I liked that Killer Bee did custom embroidery cheap.

The Killer Bee eventually lost most of it’s color. My brown belt looked almost white and got pretty frayed, but it was old.

I don’t know much about Kingz or Maeda.

I had a Kingz pearl weave blue belt. I wore it for the better part of 3.5 years with another blue belt I owned (I alternated belts). It was a great belt and I really liked it. If you just tie your belt in a regular square knot it will untie a lot is the only negative. It was also heavier than a normal belt so if you are worried about weight for competitions you may want a lighter belt also. It held up over the years better than the not pearl weave belt I had. Overall I was very happy with the Kingz pearl weave belt. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a Killer Bee blue belt and love it. Also bought a Kataaro belt for my next promotion and noticed it's a layer thicker than the Killer Bee but is constructed better. Kataaro is pricier but they do offer sales occasionally.

If they are heavier and come off easier is there a benefit to them beside style?

I had one for blue. I really liked it and might get another one soon. Check dimensions though because the maeda one my friend got is noticeably wider than the norm.

Had anybody worn them for any extended period of time? Do they last longer? I know Kingz and Maeda make them and I was thinking about getting one after I get promoted and was looking for opinions.

They are the shit. Best belt you can have. Padilla and Sons makes good ones for cheap, but they're out of stock a lot. Hypnotik (sp?) makes nice ones too.

I love my Killer Bee belts. They stay tied better (if you use lockdown) and I like how they drape, versus the sticking up in the air at weird angles you get from other belts.

I had my blue belt for 2.5 years, purple for 2- and they look great the whole time. If you do want that faded / beat to shit look though - it didn't happen with my gi material belt.

I ordered a killer bee for my brown belt- should be coming any day now. Not sure what I'm getting for black belt when the day comes, though.

I always seem to get compliments on them btw.

I just got the Maeda and had the War belts back in the day too. They are stiff and first but after they break in they stay tied even when my gi is all over the place.

I've rocked a Killer Bee for blue and purple and I love them. If you are the type that likes their belts to completely break down, they aren't for you. They show a lot less wear and tear over the years vs. the traditional belts.

Back