Opinions on H&K USP Pistols?

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Found myself looking at one of these online: Elite 45. (I fuckin like 45s)
15391.jpg

Expert:
Hk-Usp-45-Expert-10rd-642230244573_image1__39609.1483581388.500.659.jpg

No particular reason really. No reason to believe its worth a shit, but it got me to wondering. Is it worth a shit?

Does anyone here happen to own a USP in 45, 40 or "other"?

What's your consensus?

How is the trigger? and how is it compared to what?

How's the accuracy? 25 yards? 50 Yards?

How's the recoil, muzzle whip and indexing out of a holster?

How big is the grip compared to say a 1911?

Magazines? Overpriced?

Abundance of Holsters etc?

Is it really worth a shit or just another overpriced uppity euro-trash branded double/single action plastic ass pistol?

WTF over?

And if you don't have any practical experience with one for god sakes have the decency to leave a smart ass remark.

<{1-14}>

Now I'm already beginning to think the HK is prolly shit for the money spent.

Get a load of this:

Springfield Range Officer: $780
PI9129LP_1200x782.png

From A Customer Review for the Above:
Consistently hitting in and around the 12 ring from a 100 yards with regular hardball.

Or the one without Adj Sights: $760
PX9109LP_21.jpg

Not to mention guns like:

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 45 ACP $416
Sw-mp-m2.0-1024x576.jpg

#1 fit and finish are superb, couldn't get any better out of the box, so 5 stars here.

#2 sights are as good as you can get, so 5 stars here as well. Would probably give it 4 stars here but this seems to be the norm sight picture these days so...

#3 the trigger. Trigger is light and breaks clean, and I can actually feel the reset so once again 5 stars.

#4 the intechanable grips. I love these grips. Being able to choose between 4 sizes right out the box for the best fit for my hand was amazing, since I am a bigger fellow with small hands. Also the the texture on the grips is unmatched when it comes to positive grip. Only problem I have and practice is making it dwindle to 0, is the grip tends to catch on my shirt during draw. But as I said this problem with going away the more I practice drawing this firearm. So 5 stars again.

#5 function. I have put 400 rounds through it so far, first 300 straight out the box with no cleaning or lubrication. Pistol has had 0 failures to eject feed or fire. So another 5 stars.

#6 accuracy. I have a Remington R1 enhanced if you have read the reviews it is an extremely accurate pistol. I print 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" groups with it from bench at 25 yards. This M&P is matching my R1 with ease. So another 5 stars.

One of the tests for the HK said, its superb accuracy thanks to a "RUBBER Oring" round the barrel!
USPEXPERT.jpg

What happens to the accuracy when that Oring fails and comes off?

I've shot a usp 40 & 45. It was a while ago. I can't help with a lot of your questions. Trigger wasn't great, reset was terrible. Didn't do any accuracy work, recoil and flip didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure the elite and expert are probably a bit better.

O-ring is mostly a gimmick. You might see a marginal improvement from a mechanical rest.

This is a bit more spendy than what you've posted but you could look at the Sig P220 SAO Legion. Street price is $1200. They have a da/sa but the sao is where it's at imo.

sig-sauer-p220-sao-legion-series-45acp-pistol-legion-220r-45-legion-sao-by-sig-sauer-539.jpg

sig-sauer-220r45legion-pistols_1.jpg

I haven't shot the 220 but the P226 SAO Legion is incredible. Sub 4lb brake, very crisp, good reset, soft shooting, great sights.

Trigger wasn't great, reset was terrible.

That's enough right there.
Sounds like posh designer shit for the money spent.

You ever have one of these things? Golani Sporter? Buddy of mine is trying to sell me his. He swears its not a problem one and says it shoots like a motherfucker. (as motherfucker as an AK can shoot I guess) I used to have a Galil. It was ok I guess. Have no reason to buy the Golani except they guy lets me hunt on his property all the time. He seems to want a so so reasonable price. Not wild about forking over $700 for a gadget that's be flung in the gun safe for evermore.....
wm_7308105.jpg

That's enough right there.
Sounds like posh designer shit for the money spent.

You ever have one of these things? Golani Sporter? Buddy of mine is trying to sell me his. He swears its not a problem one and says it shoots like a motherfucker. (as motherfucker as an AK can shoot I guess) I used to have a Galil. It was ok I guess. Have no reason to buy the Golani except they guy lets me hunt on his property all the time. He seems to want a so so reasonable price. Not wild about forking over $700 for a gadget that's be flung in the gun safe for evermore.....
wm_7308105.jpg

I don't know about them, the Galil is one of the few platforms of haven't shot unfortunately.

You could check the market on gunbroker.

I've got a fair amount of time behind the USP, and I would take the Sig over it any day. That 220 is a solid piece. I enjoyed mine while I had it, but have moved onto a 226 Extreme and use that as my primary for USPSA matches

Don't discount the M&P also, I have several and they are superb weapons with a little bit of work. I've got a 9 pro with an Apex kit and Blacklist barrel

Don't discount the M&P also, I have several and they are superb weapons with a little bit of work. I've got a 9 pro with an Apex kit and Blacklist barrel

I used to own a Sig P226. Its so tall from the web of your hand to the sights. It was slick and shot well. Construction was press metal and casting.

I could buy 2 M&Ps mags and ammo for the cost of those Euro guns!

I need to go see how big the grip is in 45, and what it feels like with the smallest back strap.

How's the trigger on your M&P? I have a trigger worked XD45 which is pretty nice, but not like my 1911.

I don't know about them, the Galil is one of the few platforms of haven't shot unfortunately.

You could check the market on gunbroker.

I think he's asking a fair price. The crux of this deal is hunting rights on the property. Its like an Obligation purchase. <{dayum}>

Edit: just looked up the Apex trigger kit. Looks sweet.

How's it feel?

What about the Walther PPQ? The trigger is amazing, ergos superb, very flat shooting. Euro-tastic.

I used to own a Sig P226. Its so tall from the web of your hand to the sights

Works well for my large hands, and I have a very high hold anyhow as I've adapted my stance/grip/hold to a more forward approach that lends better to my movement when I'm working obstacles

What about the Walther PPQ? The trigger is amazing, ergos superb, very flat shooting. Euro-tastic.

I don't dig the curve in the grip.
image-3.jpeg

I like a straight grip. Just me.
PI9128LP_11.jpg

d0IFo5M.jpg

Tbh I was expecting slightly better but it is still very good and a significant upgrade from stock.

Did you self install?

Is that the large backstrap or the smaller one? How much smaller can the grip be made?

I used to own a Sig P226. Its so tall from the web of your hand to the sights.

The legion series helps this.

"It includes a reduced and contoured Elite beavertail, which allows for a higher grip, but a reduced profile, thus eliminating printing. More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip. An X-Five undercut has been applied to the trigger guard, allowing for a higher grip and greater control."

The sao trigger in my friends legion is awesome. If you have a store around you, you should try to handle a sao legion.

The legion series helps this.

"It includes a reduced and contoured Elite beavertail, which allows for a higher grip, but a reduced profile, thus eliminating printing. More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip. An X-Five undercut has been applied to the trigger guard, allowing for a higher grip and greater control."

The sao trigger in my friends legion is awesome. If you have a store around you, you should try to handle a sao legion.

Prolly North of $1000 right?

Did you self install?

Is that the large backstrap or the smaller one? How much smaller can the grip be made?

Yes, pretty easy. This is the kit I got.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191836

Yes that is the largest, it ships with a small, medium and large.

Mine is the first generation M&P performance center threaded. It came with a ported and threaded barrel.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9-threaded-barrel

I got it for $565 online.

Back