Opinions on H&K USP Pistols?

Yes, that is the downside. The p226 can be found online right around $999 and the P220 .45 for $1199.

I figured I'd throw it out there as the hk elite or whatever was a similar price.

I think I'm over the HK. The Elite I believe is made in Italy anyhow.

If I pay $1000+ for another pistol its going to be a 1911 comp gun.

Wait, going back to the ported M&P you have. the slide is ported not the barrel right?

They do that for looks? or to help it function due to the Can you may or may not stick on it?

I think I'm over the HK. The Elite I believe is made in Italy anyhow.

If I pay $1000+ for another pistol its going to be a 1911 comp gun.

Wait, going back to the ported M&P you have. the slide is ported not the barrel right?

They do that for looks? or to help it function due to the Can you may or may not stick on it?

Came with a threaded and ported barrel.

HxP8ohO.jpg

Reckon the 2.0 version is any better?

Anyone?
@Protectandserve
I plan on getting a 2.0 Performance Center in the near future. My current M&P 9 and 9c are both the old versions.

Also the HK Elite series are tack drivers. I shot the USP tactical and it was one of the best, smoothest factory guns I have ever shot. Only downside with HK is their accessories are expensive and maintenance is very expensive if needed.

Reckon the 2.0 version is any better?

So the performance center has an enhanced pro series trigger. It was already substantially better than the regular m&p trigger. I just wanted it lighter. So I think the new M&P 2.0 has basically the old pro series and from what I've read it is definitely an improvement on the old standard trigger.

I own a USP-CT (compact tactical) in .45. Was never that jazzed on it. But I'm more of a 9mm kinda dude and for .45 I prefer the 1911. I've shot it only a few times in the ten years I've owned it so I couldn't really give you a specific review. Sounds like you've already moved on though.

I don't dig the curve in the grip.
image-3.jpeg

I like a straight grip. Just me.
PI9128LP_11.jpg
It does come with 3 backstraps, and as someone who immediately takes a heat gun and and a soldering iron to a Glock straight out of the box, I find the PPQ to have a real nice grip. Of course I realize how subjective that is. Fell in love with the trigger though.

It does come with 3 backstraps, and as someone who immediately takes a heat gun and and a soldering iron to a Glock straight out of the box, I find the PPQ to have a real nice grip. Of course I realize how subjective that is. Fell in love with the trigger though.

You doing your own stipple jobs?

Have you tried the trigger on the CZ P10C?

i preferred the p30 and hk45c with LEM triggers over any of the USPs.

This. Light LEM is an awesome trigger, it is the best double action ever made in my opinion.

Here's my take on HKs:

SIG's SRT trigger is a way better DA/SA than the HK. I used to shoot a lot with a guy that had a P226 and a USP45, both DA/SA. I shot them side by side many times and ended up buying a P226 instead of a USP because of the clearly superior trigger. It's not even close.

Get a LEM if you buy an HK, convert it to light LEM if you can only find a heavy model (spring swaps). My P2000 started as a heavy LEM and it kinda sucked balls. I threw in the light LEM and it's probably my favorite gun now, and gets carried every day.

Every HK I've handled or owned has pointed phenomenally from the draw. There are a decent amount of holster options unless you get like a Mk23.

Your HK will outlive you; there are long "kill my HK" threads where guys put upwards of 50k rounds through their guns with the only malfunctions happening when parts break. One guy put 10000 rounds between cleanings on a P30 with zero hiccups. The fit and finish is top notch: everything locks together airtight and you'd be hard-pressed to find a tool mark anywhere. I hear that the VP9 is the exception to this though, it might be a stinker comparatively speaking.

Overall they're expensive plastic guns. You really do get what you pay for though, which is a reliable, high-quality shooter that you don't have to obsess over to keep working.

Last edited:
Oh yeah HK mags are pretty expensive. They're like 50 bucks each

This. Light LEM is an awesome trigger, it is the best double action ever made in my opinion.

Here's my take on HKs:

SIG's SRT trigger is a way better DA/SA than the HK. I used to shoot a lot with a guy that had a P226 and a USP45, both DA/SA. I shot them side by side many times and ended up buying a P226 instead of a USP because of the clearly superior trigger. It's not even close.

Get a LEM if you buy an HK, convert it to light LEM if you can only find a heavy model (spring swaps). My P2000 started as a heavy LEM and it kinda sucked balls. I threw in the light LEM and it's probably my favorite gun now, and gets carried every day.

Every HK I've handled or owned has pointed phenomenally from the draw. There are a decent amount of holster options unless you get like a Mk23.

Your HK will outlive you; there are long "kill my HK" threads where guys put upwards of 50k rounds through their guns with the only malfunctions happening when parts break. One guy put 10000 rounds between cleanings on a P30 with zero hiccups. The fit and finish is top notch: everything locks together airtight and you'd be hard-pressed to find a tool mark anywhere. I hear that the VP9 is the exception to this though, it might be a stinker comparatively speaking.

Overall they're expensive plastic guns. You really do get what you pay for though, which is a reliable, high-quality shooter that you don't have to obsess over to keep working.

I've got the P30 with the LEM trigger. Definitely would be my home defense gun if I were to have one. I like the VP9 quite a bit, but it's got the regular trigger and it sucks dick compared to the CZ P10c.

I'm interested by the PPQ Q4 TAC. I haven't shot a PPQ before but have heard great things about them. I have a PPS M2 that I really like.

You doing your own stipple jobs?

Have you tried the trigger on the CZ P10C?
I have not. The CZs that I've handled I didn't like the fit and finish though.

I do. I heat the backstrap and smash the hump out of it - get it totally straight, remove the finger grooves, double undercut the trigger guard, sometimes under cut the beavertail a little, and then stipple.
I'm interested by the PPQ Q4 TAC. I haven't shot a PPQ before but have heard great things about them. I have a PPS M2 that I really like.
That looks cool if you're going RMR and suppressor. The other one I really liked was the PPQ Q5 Match. The trigger on that one is simply amazing.

I have not. The CZs that I've handled I didn't like the fit and finish though.

I do. I heat the backstrap and smash the hump out of it - get it totally straight, remove the finger grooves, double undercut the trigger guard, sometimes under cut the beavertail a little, and then stipple.

Which CZ's? Steel or polymer? F&F aside, the trigger on the P-10 is impressive. Next time you're at a shop, finger-fuck one and report back. :cool:

I admire your skills and confidence. For me that would be a recipe for destroying value. :eek::oops:

Which CZ's? Steel or polymer? F&F aside, the trigger on the P-10 is impressive. Next time you're at a shop, finger-fuck one and report back. :cool:

I admire your skills and confidence. For me that would be a recipe for destroying value. :eek::oops:
Steel. Will do.
Thanks

Back