Opinions on this gym?

They don't have a lot of media up so it's difficult to really see the level of instruction. I do see no one moving their feet during drills or bag work which is a sign that coaching staff isn't very attentive/knowledgeable. I don't know that area at all, but $100 a month seems like a lot to me for that level of instruction and class availability. When I was training about an hour outside Seattle, I paid $120 a month and that included unlimited BJJ/MMA/Boxing/Muay Thai classes. The instructor had been a local amateur fighter and previously trained under Duke Roufus (he's a black belt under that striking system). One good thing, at least in my opinion, is that its small but seems busy. If nothing else it might be a lot of fun and a decent workout. Kind of depends on you goals I suppose.

best to check it out yourself...all i get from his page is that he knows or has met Kronphet (the Thai guy in his picture) who is a legit Muay Thai stadium fighter and currently instructing at another gym. Kronphet is a friend and i can vouch for him...other than that i can't say much

They don't have a lot of media up so it's difficult to really see the level of instruction. I do see no one moving their feet during drills or bag work which is a sign that coaching staff isn't very attentive/knowledgeable. I don't know that area at all, but $100 a month seems like a lot to me for that level of instruction and class availability. When I was training about an hour outside Seattle, I paid $120 a month and that included unlimited BJJ/MMA/Boxing/Muay Thai classes. The instructor had been a local amateur fighter and previously trained under Duke Roufus (he's a black belt under that striking system). One good thing, at least in my opinion, is that its small but seems busy. If nothing else it might be a lot of fun and a decent workout. Kind of depends on you goals I suppose.
Were you up at AKA up in Arlington or C3 in Everett? Or south of Seattle?

Sitsongpeenong Muaythai Camp is the best

primary_primary_logo1.jpg

Were you up at AKA up in Arlington or C3 in Everett? Or south of Seattle?
Team Mean MMA in Snohomish. They are/were affiliated with C3 at one point though I think. Also, regarding Sitsongpeenong, that gym isn't all its cracked up to be. I paid 1500 for a 60 min private there and the trainer was 15 minutes late. Instead of apologizing, he had me skip rope for an additional 15 min, held pads doing basic ass combos for 15 min, and then stretching for 15 min. I basically paid 1500 baht to skip rope in their fucking gym lol. That gym can suck a dick, they don't care about foreigners. One of my Thai friends fights under them and he told me it hasn't changed. They are just trying to squeeze money out of people.

Team Mean MMA in Snohomish. They are/were affiliated with C3 at one point though I think. Also, regarding Sitsongpeenong, that gym isn't all its cracked up to be. I paid 1500 for a 60 min private there and the trainer was 15 minutes late. Instead of apologizing, he had me skip rope for an additional 15 min, held pads doing basic ass combos for 15 min, and then stretching for 15 min. I basically paid 1500 baht to skip rope in their fucking gym lol. That gym can suck a dick, they don't care about foreigners. One of my Thai friends fights under them and he told me it hasn't changed. They are just trying to squeeze money out of people.
Thank you for the truth.

Thank you for the truth.
No worries bro, there is no reason to hide anything. If they have good service that should be passed along too, but I was abhorred. There are just way to many gym in BKK to only look at the ones that have had a bunch of money sunk into them as investments. Personally I'd much rather find a small family style gym where they are gonna know who you are and make sure you are taken care of. It's a little more work to find those small gyms, but these bigger gyms are all starting to run into money problems for a reason (I live in BKK btw). A lot of them are charging insane rates too, like more than you would ever pay in a Western country. It's mind blowing to me. Unfortunately the internet is where most of us get our info, and a lot of the good smaller gyms aren't represented simply because the Thai owners do things old school and don't understand the reach of social media.

No worries bro, there is no reason to hide anything. If they have good service that should be passed along too, but I was abhorred. There are just way to many gym in BKK to only look at the ones that have had a bunch of money sunk into them as investments. Personally I'd much rather find a small family style gym where they are gonna know who you are and make sure you are taken care of. It's a little more work to find those small gyms, but these bigger gyms are all starting to run into money problems for a reason (I live in BKK btw). A lot of them are charging insane rates too, like more than you would ever pay in a Western country. It's mind blowing to me. Unfortunately the internet is where most of us get our info, and a lot of the good smaller gyms aren't represented simply because the Thai owners do things old school and don't understand the reach of social media.
You are doing a great service regardless.

Sitsongpeenong Muaythai Camp is the best

primary_primary_logo1.jpg

I also disagree. Sitsongpeenong has a big name, they are well known, but not a great place to build a fighter up imo.

They acquire talent that is already high level, bred at other, more "hardcore" gyms.

I'm not saying it is a bad place, just not a good place for someone who isn't already skilled, especially a foreigner. Something like Kaewsamrit or Sitmonchai would be much better.

No camp in Thailand train west from the start.
Sitsongpeenong and the one that offer better structures and prepared very good fighters
Mostly Westerners

I also disagree. Sitsongpeenong has a big name, they are well known, but not a great place to build a fighter up imo.

They acquire talent that is already high level, bred at other, more "hardcore" gyms.

I'm not saying it is a bad place, just not a good place for someone who isn't already skilled, especially a foreigner. Something like Kaewsamrit or Sitmonchai would be much better.

Back