Opposite day for NFL networks today?

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
In my locale, the Fox station is broadcasting two AFC teams playing and the CBS station is broadcasting two NFC teams playing. Is today opposite day? I've never seen this before since Fox got the NFC deal and CBS got the AFC deal.

I don't know how that whole thing works. It might be an option for local stations.

All I’ll say is the announcers for the games I’ve seen are garbage

It wasn't local, it was nationally televised on CBS and Fox.

Fox here had an NFC game. CBS had 2 games. Bengals at Steelers was the late game I think. I was watching the F1 race, NASCAR race and the Saints Packers at the same time on 3 screens and never checked CBS until the Races were over.

Fox here had an NFC game. CBS had 2 games. Bengals at Steelers was the late game I think. I was watching the F1 race, NASCAR race and the Saints Packers at the same time on 3 screens and never checked CBS until the Races were over.

Figured it out. It's called "cross-flexing":

"A select number of games will be “cross-flexed,” moving between CBS and FOX to bring potentially under-distributed games to wider audiences. Some of those contests were announced today, including the Seahawks at the Giants (4:25 PM ET, CBS) in Week 7 and the Vikings at the Carolina Panthers (1:00 PM ET, CBS) in Week 14. Other “cross-flexed” games will be decided during the season. "

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/2017-nfl-schedule-announced/

Back