Option to 'like' posts went away... what gives?

What to do with the like button?

• Total voters
WE DID IT YOU GUYS.

@Kick Strickland @BisexualMMA @Buff @Which Doctor @Bobby Digital
OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

giphy-5.gif

CEEEEEEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD OBAMA, COME ON

Sheesh.... in the two hours Likes have been back, practically everything is getting Liked.

Perhaps a limitation on the amount of likes per day. Perhaps 10, and everytime you recieve a Like, you get another Like to give to another post.

I can see the mods taking the Like button away permamently if the constant likes keeps going like this.

Would it be possible for individuals to turn off likes? Make it an option to like and be liked via the button.

WE DID IT YOU GUYS.

@Kick Strickland @BisexualMMA @Buff @Which Doctor @Bobby Digital
OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

giphy-5.gif

CEEEEEEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD OBAMA, COME ON

The Like Revolution... It's over.

For all those who sacrificed themselves, your loss will not be forgotten... We shall move forward, grow, and build this place and eachother to new heights and expectations... And to this brothers in arms who's sacrifices and heroism led to this great juncture in our lives, I salute you. Bravo.

Sheesh.... in the two hours Likes have been back, practically everything is getting Liked.

Perhaps a limitation on the amount of likes per day. Perhaps 10, and everytime you recieve a Like, you get another Like to give to another post.

I can see the mods taking the Like button away permamently if the constant likes keeps going like this.

You know the likes don't actually cost anyone anything right?

I doubt it was because they were unhappy with the like economy to be honest.

Really? And have you been keeping up on the topic since last night? Have you read this entire thread, the thread in Mayberry, and the one in the heavies?

And if so, quote their exact gripes with the Like system.

Really? And have you been keeping up on the topic since last night? Have you read this entire thread, the thread in Mayberry, and the one in the heavies?

And if so, quote their exact gripes with the Like system.
I did read this entire thread. The mods barely said anything besides that it was "facebooky" which it is.

Care to quote the posts you are referring to? Why would they be mad that people are giving away likes? It's like being mad that people are giving out Monopoly money (except technically Monopoly money has more value).

Is the sherdog mint afraid of creating like inflation by printing too many likes out?

I did read this entire thread. The mods barely said anything besides that it was "facebooky" which it is.

Care to quote the posts you are referring to? Why would they be mad that people are giving away likes? It's like being mad that people are giving out Monopoly money (except technically Monopoly money has more value).

Is the sherdog mint afraid of creating like inflation by printing too many likes out?

You can look at the other topics, if you wish. I'm not going through the dozens of pages of posts again just to quote posts by mods to inform you.

If you read between the lines, Likes are being overused. Look at the wasteland forum, and you'll see at the top of that topic list 'Yay! Likes are turned back on!' And the OP of that thread has over 87 likes, just for making the thread.

Likes were losing their significance, and their purpose, even before the Like Button was turned off last night, and turned back on this morning. Since it was turned back on, the problem has been multiplied, but hopefully people will get back in the groove, and use them more sparingly, instead on every post they don't dislike.

My post from a few hours ago was a suggestion to fix the overabundance of Likes, the spamming of a feature that will lose it's fun factor. Rather than the Admins taking Likes away completely and pernamently.

Back