Option to 'like' posts went away... what gives?

What to do with the like button?

• Total voters
PDVD_104.jpg

tumblr_mljztyq3ZA1sofw4go1_400.gif

I'm so invested in the like button I'm considering ending it all.

And by ending it all, I mean to destroy the Universe.
And by destroy the universe, do you mean "upgrade" the Sherdog layout?

You can look at the other topics, if you wish. I'm not going through the dozens of pages of posts again just to quote posts by mods to inform you.

If you read between the lines, Likes are being overused. Look at the wasteland forum, and you'll see at the top of that topic list 'Yay! Likes are turned back on!' And the OP of that thread has over 87 likes, just for making the thread.

Likes were losing their significance, and their purpose, even before the Like Button was turned off last night, and turned back on this morning. Since it was turned back on, the problem has been multiplied, but hopefully people will get back in the groove, and use them more sparingly, instead on every post they don't dislike.

My post from a few hours ago was a suggestion to fix the overabundance of Likes, the spamming of a feature that will lose it's fun factor. Rather than the Admins taking Likes away completely and pernamently.
I get what you are saying I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.

How can you devalue something that has no value to begin with?

You are saying they lost their significance but really their only purpose is epeen building anyway so who cares if someone spams likes? It's not like it's costing the site ad revenue. If anything it makes the boards feel more lively which is a good thing.

I get what you are saying I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.

How can you devalue something that has no value to begin with?

You are saying they lost their significance but really their only purpose is epeen building anyway so who cares if someone spams likes? It's not like it's costing the site ad revenue. If anything it makes the boards feel more lively which is a good thing.

I wasn't aware the Admins had a problem with the Likes until they took them away. I'm accepting the premise that there's a problem, something that can be fixed without taking the feature away, like they just did for 18 hours, and I'm making a pitch to what could fix the problem. I feared the mods would take the feature away, when I saw practically every post in the forum getting a bajillion likes.

The post in which I made the pitch has recieved six likes, so there's some that agree with me.

Back