Ortega Could Have Easily Died

grizzard2bid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The type of damage Ortega took 1-4 rounds could have easily put him in a coma.
If you don't know how that's possible, see Kovalev-Semakov fight where Serghei Kovalev early in his careek TKO'd a fighter in 7 rounds, who went into coma and later died in the hospital. He was getting lit up all throughout the fight, especially in 2nd and 6th round and then fell down due to a blocked punch. His brain just shut off.

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division. That was insane amount of punishment he took.

Yeah it's never a good thing when someone takes a prolonged beating like that.

He took a career worth of beating in one fight

Yeah it's never a good thing when someone takes a prolonged beating like that.

He took a career worth of beating in one fight

Reminds me of what GSP said after his 1st fight with BJ Penn. He was disappointed with himself for taking so much damage and said he'll have as short career if he fights like that. Ortega took 5x the beating GSP did in BJ 1 fight.

Reminds me of what GSP said after his 1st fight with BJ Penn. He was disappointed with himself for taking so much damage and said he'll have as short career if he fights like that. Ortega took 5x the beating GSP did in BJ 1 fight.

also dished out a bunch of his own. He was never out of it even if he was being beat until the back end of the 3rd, Max's cardio and pace finally broke Ortega.

Boxing also encourages CTE by having a guy knocked down and out of it struggle to get to his feet and take a few more minutes/rounds of shots that are more and more destructive as he's already concussed.

I really don't understand why boxing will still allow a dude completely out of it to keep fighting. You want to give someone a chance that was knocked down/off balance, fine. If a dude is done he's done.

That being said I'm sure it would allow boxing to fix fights more than it already does.

<{MingNope}><{yearp}>

The type of damage Ortega took 1-4 rounds could have easily put him in a coma.
If you don't know how that's possible, see Kovalev-Semakov fight where Serghei Kovalev early in his careek TKO'd a fighter in 7 rounds, who went into coma and later died in the hospital. He was getting lit up all throughout the fight, especially in 2nd and 6th round and then fell down due to a blocked punch. His brain just shut off.

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division. That was insane amount of punishment he took.

A million fights have happened and virtually noone ever dies or gets put in a coma. People can literally die taking a shit, as a result of performing a valsalva maneuver. Mostly turns out fine tho

I was actually getting a bit worried about him in there.

Accumulative head trauma like Max was dishing out is usually the reason why fights end in tragedy.

It's actually worse to stay in there taking sharp damaging, lesser power punches than getting getting quickly starched and put out with some bombs.

Overeem says HI

Also JDS took far worse of a beating against Cain then Ortega did against Holloway

Cain hits much harder then Holloway

CTE-City needs to retire after that mauling

I thought Cowboy was going to die from loss of blood.

Ortega’s face was pretty bad tho..

0D851F54-39F4-42AC-84C9-25C14FC91C23.jpeg

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought him back.

Man is a figther, but yeah, that was ugly..... wow.......

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division.
Well if he was fighting at a heavier weight class the chances he would have been KO'd before taking that amount of punishment would be considerably higher.
You don't see people at heavier weight classes taking multiple clean punches combos like that.

Hope Ortega is getting proper supervision right now. He needs to rest properly and not take any damage in a long while

http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_svinth_a_0700.htm

Close to 1,500 deaths in boxing alone from 1890-2007, averaging about 12 deaths a year. Yeah bro, mostly turns out fine.
When you consider the 100s of thousands of boxing matches per year, this is still way below 1%.

But yes, punches to the head are def dangerous. And more than the deaths are those with compromised speech etc.. MANY fighters and boxers speak worse than they would or could have.

But they do what they love most so that's a plus. Few of us can say that.

Ortega looked bad because of all the blood, MMA gloves cut you up, boxing gloves give you brain damage.
Watch the end of Eubank vs Watson 2 to see that it doesn't need a sustained beating to give a fighter a bleed in the brain, one punch can do it.

all i know is i hope i dont see ortega scheduled for a fight in like 3 months

More like 20x.

Back