Ortega Could Have Easily Died

>Hurr Durr Ortega could’ve blue screened

LOL what a drama queen, this is what happens when new fans pollute the sport. If you don’t have the stomach for MMA then go back to watching ballet or something you sensitive goof.

<36>

290 significant strikes. That's an insane amount of trauma. Like the amount of his last 5 fights combined.

I didn't either tbh until I saw people celebrating on twitter.

The whole thing is messed up.
Agreed. He may have done some really fucked things in my life,but im not one to easily gloat over the misfortune of others,especially if they went down fighting. I am not a competitve fighter,but i train as a hobby,it hits close to home to see someone put in a coma in a fight no matter what they did.

all i know is i hope i dont see ortega scheduled for a fight in like 3 months
This, fight could had been stopped before at some points, good call to end it after the 4th, Ortega needs some good time off after this.

The type of damage Ortega took 1-4 rounds could have easily put him in a coma.
If you don't know how that's possible, see Kovalev-Semakov fight where Serghei Kovalev early in his careek TKO'd a fighter in 7 rounds, who went into coma and later died in the hospital. He was getting lit up all throughout the fight, especially in 2nd and 6th round and then fell down due to a blocked punch. His brain just shut off.

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division. That was insane amount of punishment he took.

Kovalev is a power punching Russian killer, max is a skinny 145 lb manlet

The type of damage Ortega took 1-4 rounds could have easily put him in a coma.
If you don't know how that's possible, see Kovalev-Semakov fight where Serghei Kovalev early in his careek TKO'd a fighter in 7 rounds, who went into coma and later died in the hospital. He was getting lit up all throughout the fight, especially in 2nd and 6th round and then fell down due to a blocked punch. His brain just shut off.

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division. That was insane amount of punishment he took.

Gracoes believe in their own hype

Overeem says HI

Also JDS took far worse of a beating against Cain then Ortega did against Holloway

Cain hits much harder then Holloway
And jds hasnt been the same since. No need to put Ortega threw anymore damage. Hes done, stop the fight

Well if he was fighting at a heavier weight class the chances he would have been KO'd before taking that amount of punishment would be considerably higher.
You don't see people at heavier weight classes taking multiple clean punches combos like that.

Let alone 10 punch combos and survive without a broken orbital

Overeem says HI

Also JDS took far worse of a beating against Cain then Ortega did against Holloway

Cain hits much harder then Holloway

I've been watching combat sports since I was 5 and jds cain 2 and 3 were some of the few times I didn't want to look at the screen anymore. jds lost years of his life in there

Agreed. He may have done some really fucked things in my life,but im not one to easily gloat over the misfortune of others,especially if they went down fighting. I am not a competitve fighter,but i train as a hobby,it hits close to home to see someone put in a coma in a fight no matter what they did.

Go on.....

Reminds me of what GSP said after his 1st fight with BJ Penn. He was disappointed with himself for taking so much damage and said he'll have as short career if he fights like that. Ortega took 5x the beating GSP did in BJ 1 fight.
Since you mentioned BJ I can't help but point out he took just as much of a beating against Nick and Rory, the third round against Fitch too come to think of it and yeah, it definitely had an adverse affect on the remainder of his career. Much like the beatings JDS took from Cain and the back to back beatings Shogun took against Jones and Hendo had on there's.

Some guy's are just too damn tough for there own good.

I watched it a bunch from a lot of different angles. He wasn't hurt, he wasn't even flash KO'd but he was knocked down. He gave himself a few seconds to breathe and got up at 8 or so almost no worse for the wear, because he then proceeded to give Wilder a 1-2. If he got blasted and his knees gave out and he tottered down to the mat almost lifeless, THEN immediately perked up at the 8 count I would say he's got otherworldly recovery skills ala Frankie Edgar but unlike seemingly the entirety of the boxing world, I didn't think he was even particularly hurt.

Ortega had a stupid ass plan to stand and bang with a stand and bang cage fighting champion and a BJ Penn-esque corner telling him he's doing perfectly after three rounds of getting his face pounded in and almost certainly being down 0-3. Max is one of the best fighters I've ever seen at dazing someone to the head and routinely working the body when they're not expecting it. If there was no stoppage he would have dropped Ortega with body shots in the fifth. His head was about as damaged as humanly possible without a stop.

Ortega won round 3

Back