Ortega Could Have Easily Died

TS should correct the thread to, Ortega could have easily died, if it was Conor instead of Holloway that was in the ring with him.

holoway's power is overrated. he beat a drained pettis who almost died making weight with body punches and aldo's chin was cracked by foot cream mendes and 13 second McGoat

brian ortega is fine, everyone is just so worried about him losing his pretty boy gimmick

Every combat athlete death I have ever heard of involved either a pre-existing condition (heart of brain) or a long career with multiple prolonged beatings/gym wars, etc.

Ortega showed a hell of a chin in there, also Max definitely doesn't have "one shot" power.

He'll be fine don't under estimate youth.

The type of damage Ortega took 1-4 rounds could have easily put him in a coma.
If you don't know how that's possible, see Kovalev-Semakov fight where Serghei Kovalev early in his careek TKO'd a fighter in 7 rounds, who went into coma and later died in the hospital. He was getting lit up all throughout the fight, especially in 2nd and 6th round and then fell down due to a blocked punch. His brain just shut off.

I think the only saving grace for Ortega was that he's fighting in 145lb division and not 175lb division. That was insane amount of punishment he took.

Kovalev wasn’t the first fighter for that to happen to you do know that right?

Dumb to let that shit go on even as long as it did...I’m becoming a pussy..

Bringing up Max's power is irrelevant at this point. Ortega got hit almost 300 hundred times. And a lot of it to the face. I reckoned at least a couple dozen were hard shots. Pile on the volume and it becomes almost a crime scene. Dude's face looked like a jack 'o lantern that got ate on by a squirrel. Not saying it was a bad stoppage, but at what point does the corner step in? You don't see it happen very often. It's good that they have faith in their boy, but when is that line is crossed between wanting the belt and protecting their fighter?

Crazy amount of strikes... he got hit in the fourth round 134 times.. works out to be over 25 strikes per minute. 27.2 strikes a minute to be exact . So close to being hit every 2 seconds. Its crazy that max can create that out put. Double amazing Ortega didn't go down.

Yeah he knows that lol, that's kind of why he agreed to become a professional fighter lmao

Its not quite as bad as it looked, a lot of the strikes landed were grazing, partially blocked, or volume arm punches to keep Ortega moving backwards. Most of the actual damage was in round 4 (Ortega was still in the fight prior to that) but even then, Max is spamming shots and not sitting down on them, yes there's an accumulation of damage but not the kind that will end someone's career/life. We've seen a lot worse.

How accurate is this info?

Thats how i died.

"Writer Frank Coffey thought Elvis's death was due to "a phenomenon called the Valsalva maneuver (essentially straining on the toilet leading to heart stoppage—plausible because Elvis suffered constipation, a common reaction to drug use)".[299] In similar terms, Dr. Dan Warlick, who was present at the autopsy, "believes Presley's chronic constipation—the result of years of prescription drug abuse and high-fat, high-cholesterol gorging—brought on what's known as Valsalva's maneuver. Put simply, the strain of attempting to defecate compressed the singer's abdominal aorta, shutting down his heart."

Last edited:
A million fights have happened and virtually noone ever dies or gets put in a coma. People can literally die taking a shit, as a result of performing a valsalva maneuver. Mostly turns out fine tho

Happened to me once. Didn't die but I blacked out, woke up, turned round to try flush the toilet (didn't wipe ass though lol) blacked out again then woke up with my head in the toilet. Could've drowned... Luckily I flushed the toilet first.

Literally crawled along the floor with shit on my ass trying to get help lmao thought my time was up.

TS is right that its the prolonged beatings that put you in a coma, rather than 1 shot KO blow. occasionally its been a 1 shot KO punch, but majority of the times in boxing the guys who ended up in a coma were the ones who took a beating for many rounds and some even went to decision

nah
some boxers died with way less damage
others seem just fine, look at holyfield
also, those weren't the hardest punches

Back