Ortega: spamming guillotines

We saw again last night that it only takes a couple of seconds to get a choke locked in. Both of those chokes were from the clinch, so that shows that he doesn't need to take it to the ground to submit you.

Yep. That's what's so exciting about him. If he has his hands on you you're in mortal peril :eek:

don't think the human punching bag approach will work against someone like holloway, I think he will get worked badly

T was starting to get lit up the beginning of the round....he has said it multiple times, he uses his striking to set up his subs....unless he fights a guy with one punch KO power, I don’t see anyone beating T city for awhile....I think he even takes Frankie and Max..

don't think the human punching bag approach will work against someone like holloway, I think he will get worked badly

I don’t think so,,Brian has a chin, Max doesn’t have the power ,,, not saying Brian won’t take some damage, but while Max is punching, that long neck is just sitting there. Brian is so slick, it’s hard to stop it. Cub is no pushover and he just couldn’t stop it ...

Its not a damn videogame, there is no SPAMMING in a life or death fight especially if you are successful, GTFO ya mook.

2nd round he was outstuck 30-8 leading up to the sub. If that is "quite well" what does poorly look like?

the first looked quite even, cub was getting the best thouhg, specially bodyshots but is not like he was getting his ass kicked around. Even in the second, cub landed much more, but he didnt rock him or anything close to it, brain knew his best shots were at submitting cub, so hanging in there without getting ktfo was good enough for his overall game plan.

He can spam guillotines because he's so good at them, but I don't think it means he's a one trick pony. He just didn't have to reach into his bag of tricks because the first one worked.

He attempted a total of 2 submissions. First one was locked and interrupted by the bell. Second one finished the fight.
Spamming, according to TS.

P.S. First one wasn't a guillotine btw.

Did someone say spamming guillotines???

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Swanson was #4 and it worked against him.

I was half paying attention between fights, but there seemed to be little mention on the broadcast of Cub's BJJ background...I think it was mentioned once that he too is a black belt?

not a big deal, but it was another opportunity to illustrate for the casual audienece that there are levels to black belts...and Ortega is on another level.

I was half paying attention between fights, but there seemed to be little mention on the broadcast of Cub's BJJ background...I think it was mentioned once that he too is a black belt?

not a big deal, but it was another opportunity to illustrate for the casual audienece that there are levels to black belts...and Ortega is on another level.
Cub is a black belt. It was on the screen while he was making his entrance.

i think he beats Aldo and Edgar, Holloway would like be a favourite but he has a decent chance against him too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back