Ortega: spamming guillotines

200.gif

You have Ortega confused with ^that guy.

Ortega goes for anaconda chokes, triangle chokes, armbars, guillotines, RNCs, and the list goes on. Last night he attempted and nearly completed an anaconda choke in the first with Cub being saved by the bell. In the second he attempted a flying guillotine and readjusted the grip while still above the ground. Nothing in that was spam.

Nobody is immune to getting choked out. In a 5 round fight there's more time to make a mistake. We saw again last night that it only takes a couple of seconds to get a choke locked in. Both of those chokes were from the clinch, so that shows that he doesn't need to take it to the ground to submit you. His BJJ makes up for his lack of elite striking. He could beat Max. I'd favor Max in the fight, but he could definitely catch a neck and finish him.
Agree completely

Also would gas. Holloway has a longer neck. Edgar will spam takedowns which Ortega welcomes.

That will get him nowhere against the top dogs if he does not make hisstriking more effective.

I just can't picture Aldo, Holloway or Edgar getting finished like that. His BJJ is awesome but maybe ust a little too predictable.

His striking game is strange, he has good basics, defends well, maybe not very good head movement and footwork and, despite defending well with his hands, he does start getting tagged alot as the fight goes on. That is inevitable if his head movement and footwork are poor.

Very good and impressive win though, both guillotines were sick and slick, he masterfully got his hands in there, great fight.

EDIT: the word spamming is ust provocative and in reference to his future fights against better, well rounded opponents...where he might be spamming guillotines.
Congrats on the trash post.

I have no idea how Max ground game is, but from what I remember from the Conor fight, not that good...

In my opinion, Ortega can beat Max. Wouldn't be easy at all, though.

His first sub attempt he set up on Anaconda from the clinch, not a guillotine. I don't think I've ever seen anyone lock it in from clinch before in MMA. Usually you get it when your opponent turtles or maybe side control.

He didn't spam it. There were two opportunities and he took them.

Swanson has no ground game.

6 losses by subs

A good guillotine can be a fight ender at any given time if applied correctly. I rolled with a jujitsu expert one time, got caught in one and had some of the cartilage around my throat break after refusing to tap.

That will get him nowhere against the top dogs if he does not make hisstriking more effective.

I just can't picture Aldo, Holloway or Edgar getting finished like that. His BJJ is awesome but maybe ust a little too predictable.

His striking game is strange, he has good basics, defends well, maybe not very good head movement and footwork and, despite defending well with his hands, he does start getting tagged alot as the fight goes on. That is inevitable if his head movement and footwork are poor.

Very good and impressive win though, both guillotines were sick and slick, he masterfully got his hands in there, great fight.

EDIT: the word spamming is ust provocative and in reference to his future fights against better, well rounded opponents...where he might be spamming guillotines.

He has Mexican style boxing, just moving forward cover up slip a bit but constantly backing the guy while lettting them punch themselves out, and you are right that is going to take its toll on him, but he has a good chin so far.

But if someone can really crack not sure how it will be for him.

I’ve never seen Ortega fight. How legit is his bjj?

The guy looks like he could play a heel well. He’s got one of those real punchable faces

Will check him out.

He spams the guillotine from the clinch much like Tony Ferguson does. Ortega can just do more with it
I love Ferguson`s snapdown it's a thing of beauty, I would like to see Ortega do it but his subs are so good he doesn't even need too.

That said I'm gunna try a snap down on one of my friends if I can ever get them in a gym to grapple with me lol

Or I'm gunna try a snap down on some random sob next time I get mouthed off at a bar and yell snapdown bitch! Courtesy of el cucuy! Lmao

That being said no I don't think I'm a tough guy I never fight anymore because I am almost 30 yrs old and I don't need an assualt charge. I just she cool shit done in the cage and think man I wonder if I can do that lol

Back