Oscar Valdez vs. Scott Quigg March 10th on ESPN

Awesome bit of matchmaking.

Oddly, I thought Quigg was over-rated & protected as fuck at super-bantam (massive weight-drainer with a huge advantage over everyone, meaningless belt won vacantly, kept him ticking over in 80-20 fights until they could get the money for the Frampton match, all things I pretty much despise) but Valdez, after all that title-winning hype, was well-exposed by Marriaga IMO. Didn't see his fight with the Filipino fella, I have to admit but I thought the Colombian exposed his limitations.

It's gonna be a tight fight, IMO. Now Quigg is with Roach he's twice as easy to hit as when he was with Joe Gallagher, but at least he throws punches now (see: the Salinas & Frampton fights, or, at least, half of them), & he's so big & awkward that Valdez is gonna need that Hail-Mary counter-hook that turned the Marriaga fight around late when it looked like Valdez was hurt & tiring.

good fight, we'll see Valdez in with a higher class of opponent

good fight, we'll see Valdez in with a higher class of opponent

I'm not necessarily convinced that Quigg at FW represents a clear step up in competition for Valdez, but Valdez has struggled with pressure in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. Quigg does seem to be a more aggressive fighter under Roach, as well.

Valdez 116-112

I'm not necessarily convinced that Quigg at FW represents a clear step up in competition for Valdez, but Valdez has struggled with pressure in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. Quigg does seem to be a more aggressive fighter under Roach, as well.
I think at worst, he's probably on Servania or Egveny's level. Quigg presents an interesting challenge but, I don't see him as more than taking a few rounds off of Oscar. Still, I think Oscar could possibly be the best FW out there, if he's handled well, these are the kinds of fights he needs to take as experience builders before he takes on the other titlists or Frampton in the later half of 2018 and 2019.

Quigg missed weight by 2,8 lbs.

Fight is going ahead.

This is a much better overall card than Mikey Garcia.

Excited for Saucedo/DeLeon, and the return of Andy Ruiz, the best Mexican HW

Undercard sounding like a bunch of 1 round KO mismatches lol

This fight is cooking right now in the 3rd round. Nice scrap.

Quigg's a live dog, imo. Should be a hell of a fight. These two are gonna beat the shit out of each other.

is it coming down hard out there? Didn't even think of that or realize it was outside lol.
Im 20 miles away from the event,the rain is light but constant, sure looks that way from tv

Back