Our Boy Mikey Musumeci just beat Shinya Aoki with an "Aoki Lock"

I want to see more of Mickey against top nogi grapplers

His level in leglocks as gone crazy since he's mostly grappling at ONE FC. Not that he's not evolving there, Mickey is a lone wolf that always finds a way to get better and inovate

I want that guy to go destroy the smaller weight divisions at IBJJF nogi ''with heel hooks''

It's the best format for him, he's got cardio for days, he loves to show his skills and big comps with 4-5 fights to the gold is better for him than super fights

That's when I became a fan of his, he made the IBJJF small weight divisions interesting

Nerd-san vs il nerdino

I like a fight between martial artists like them as I'm tired of seeing failed basketballers and failed footballers coming to MMA (instead of military) to make living.

Aoki says:

I took this fight because I wanted to show people that shinya Aoki cannot afford to turn down a business offer just like anybody else who's living a real life.

Everyone has to go to work no matter how stressful it gets and perform the job often under hardly agreeable conditions. I wanted those regular people to relate themselves to me by watching me complete my job setting all negativities aside.

Aoki also notes that he is an author before a fighter.

Aoki was sadly always going to be dominated by Musumeci.

I really want to see Musumeci - Reis! My money would be on Reis.

MMA dudes won't do shit against Mikey. From their rooster they would have to get Buchecha to beat him.

Not always...
10 years ago would be a different match.

Today?
Considering that old timers already have their entire game studied, and used as foundations for the new generations, aka Mickey...
Aoki takes 2/10

Back