Our gym just hosted an official bkfc tryout, AMA

DoctorTaco

Breadhead
@Gold
Reaction score
I’m the head boxing coach at a big mma gym in Portland, Oregon and today we hosted chris lytle and the media team for their official BKFC try outs.

It was a great experience and I had a blast helping assess the boxers, fighters, mma athletes and street fighters who came out. If anyone has any questions, lmk in this thread

Attachments

• IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 7
How is it different than regular KFC?

out of the two this is the one that knocks

I’m the head boxing coach at a big mma gym in Portland, Oregon and today we hosted chris lytle and the media team for their official BKFC try outs.

It was a great experience and I had a blast helping assess the boxers, fighters, mma athletes and street fighters who came out. If anyone has any questions, lmk in this thread
that's cool what kind of crowd turned out?
how were the athletes?
what kind of try out so do they have?
was there anyone we should look out for?

don't you feel stupid doing that? I see you're in portland, is Andrew Minsker in your realm and if so, how does he feel?

Does the tryout basically just consist of shadowboxing and padwork?

I’ve seen tryouts for bellator and rizin before and it was padwork and grappling for bellator, but rizin also had hard mma sparring lol.

I assume there wasn’t sparring or grappling for bkfc

A lot spicier
out of the two this is the one that knocks

that's cool what kind of crowd turned out?
how were the athletes?
what kind of try out so do they have?
was there anyone we should look out for?
It was probably 25% boxers, 25% mma fighters, 50% street beef characters and street fight warriors.

Chris ran them through a pretty intense calisthenics warm up followed by some shadow boxing, bag work, pad work, and light sparring. Myself, Chris’ team, and a few of the mma coaches were there to help with assessment of the boxers throughout the whole thing, and my team did all the padwork.
don't you feel stupid doing that? I see you're in portland, is Andrew Minsker in your realm and if so, how does he feel?
No, and Andy hasn’t trained anyone in years. Haven’t seen him in out and about in a long time
Does the tryout basically just consist of shadowboxing and padwork?

I’ve seen tryouts for bellator and rizin before and it was padwork and grappling for bellator, but rizin also had hard mma sparring lol.

I assume there wasn’t sparring or grappling for bkfc
The sparring was pretty cool. I’ve got a big ring so they put 4 people in and did a round robin of 2 min rounds. Chris was clear that going hard proves you can’t listen and aren’t professional enough for one of their shows and everyone kept it together for the most part. One guy got a little chippy when he fell after his partner turned him in the clinch and started throwing heavy. Partner was a guy with a ton of pro mma fights in some bigger leagues and defended/slipped a handful of the big shots before smacking the kid with a right that stunned him back into having peoper manners again.

Back