Outside of Frankie, Max already has two challengers

You can make a strong case for Max after a Frankie win. Not defences, but strength of resume, level of competition, win-streak, finishes, dominance, performance, activity.

It's a strong resume, but it's like people forget that Aldo had 9 title defenses against guys like Edgarx2 mendesx2, Faber, KZ, and Swanson. Max is already one of the best but I still thing he's pretty far away from Aldo.

Your memory must not be very good either, because Aldo’s fight against cub wasn’t a title defense.

The only thing Elkins has Holloway is toughnes and it will lead to a horrible prolonged beating, Holloway will have Elkins worked out before before the fight even starts

It could go that way too..that's possible I'm just saying a dark horse like darren Elkins shouldn't be counted out..he looked good in moments agaisnt Bermudes and Bermudez beat Holloway back in the day..not that it carries much weight now given there current career divergency

Your memory must not be very good either, because Aldo’s fight against cub wasn’t a title defense.
True it's not but that's beside the point, Aldo has more defenses and still has the more impressive names imo

I respect the hell out of Elkins. He's one of the toughest fighters in the UFC. He won't be a contender. And yes, if he beats Johnson, he should fight Ortega.

I want to see Mendes back. Outside of Frankie, he's the one that could give Halloway problems at FW.

He's still the best wrestler in the division and has got the best shot of holding Holloway down for five rounds. Outside of Ortega submitting him, I don't see any of the guys being able to take Holloway for five rounds.

I think Edgar's got a pretty good shot. .based on the yair rod fight..but I'll withhold my judgement on Mendes till I see how he fights next..post USADA

Judging by the fact that theybare giving Elkins MJ, who is 1-4 even though he's got five in a row says they don't view him as a contender.

I do think he's going to outgrind and outheart MJ for a decision win, but his reward would likely be an Aldo or Lamas fight, where he wouldnt get a shot for winning anyway and likely wouldn't win at all.

I like him, but i doubt he fights for a belt. Then again he is a better fighter than Bisping and Mike managed to become champ, so you never know.

I think Edgar's got a pretty good shot. .based on the yair rod fight..but I'll withhold my judgement on Mendes till I see how he fights next..post USADA

LOL, that's not a good indicator at all. Yair is a young kid with great kicks and developing a decent game off his back. He's not Max Holloway, nor anything like him in terms of skill style or skill level.

He's still the best wrestler in the division and has got the best shot of holding Holloway down for five rounds. Outside of Ortega submitting him, I don't see any of the guys being able to take Holloway for five rounds.

Frankie's mma wrestling> Chad's

Chad's got the best double leg I've ever seen though, that's for sure.

LOL, that's not a good indicator at all. Yair is a young kid with great kicks and developing a decent game off his back. He's not Max Holloway, nor anything like him in terms of skill style or skill level.

Yeah but he's a young long rangey striker just like Holloway, and can't wrestle like holoway can't. .jiujitsu holloway wise hes better then yair for sure..but there's some similarities there for sure that boad well for frankie...plus it showed frankie can still hang with the younger guys and out work them..which will be key to defeating max..still a hard match up for him though size ,reach wise

Yeah but he's a young long rangey striker just like Holloway, and can't wrestle like holoway can't. .jiujitsu holloway wise hes better then yair for sure..but there's some similarities there for sure that boad well for frankie...plus it showed frankie can still hang with the younger guys and out work them..which will be key to defeating max..still a hard match up for him though size ,reach wise

Holloway can wrestle fine. You don't know what you're talking about. They are completely different fighters. Yair can't push a pace like Holloway can because he can't box like holloway can. Frankie can't hang with Max standing up. Boy is going to get torn upZ

Holloway can wrestle fine. You don't know what you're talking about. They are completely different fighters. Yair can't push a pace like Holloway can because he can't box like holloway can. Frankie can't hang with Max standing up. Boy is going to get torn upZ

I'm not talking about style..did I mention anything about his boxing. .I'm saying there similar size and age..both challenge's for edgar to overcome..also Holloway gets out wrestled by Edgar and Mendes. .and bermudez..so his wrestling isn't fine..and I totally agree he lits up Edgar on the feet..Edgar would be dumb to trade with him..I'm a big fan of both fighters..but holloway doesn't out wrestle Edgar. .

Lol. All you need to do is watch how they both handled Swanson to see the difference in their wrestling.

You're comparing a three round fight where Mendes had just started MMA to a five round fight?

Not only that, but Mendes still looked better. Mendes would outwrestle Edgar. It's pretty much a fact.

I'm not talking about style..did I mention anything about his boxing. .I'm saying there similar size and age..both challenge's for edgar to overcome..also Holloway gets out wrestled by Edgar and Mendes. .and bermudez..so his wrestling isn't fine..and I totally agree he lits up Edgar on the feet..Edgar would be dumb to trade with him..I'm a big fan of both fighters..but holloway doesn't out wrestle Edgar. .

Holloway doesn't have to outwrestle Edgar it's not a wrestling match, it's a fight. All he has to do is neutralize it which he is more than capable of doing. If Edgar is only getting a couple of takedowns in the fight and not doing anything with them which is most likely the outcome..he's getting beat up and probably for too long to win.

Also similar height and age don't mean anything, because there is no substance behind them. What makes Max great isn't his youth and it's not really his size so much either. What Frankie is going to have to overcome is Max's superior boxing and good grappling to make some extraordinary happen on the ground to pick up a win.

Only 1 guy in the division I give a shot against Max. That Zabit dude. I would fast track and have him take on a top 10 guy next

Holloway doesn't have to outwrestle Edgar it's not a wrestling match, it's a fight. All he has to do is neutralize it which he is more than capable of doing. If Edgar is only getting a couple of takedowns in the fight and not doing anything with them which is most likely the outcome..he's getting beat up and probably for too long to win.

Also similar height and age don't mean anything, because there is no substance behind them. What makes Max great isn't his youth and it's not really his size so much either. What Frankie is going to have to overcome is Max's superior boxing and good grappling to make some extraordinary happen on the ground to pick up a win.

I see what your saying , it goes both ways .. it's who executes there gameplan better..but I think if Edgar can execute the same blueprint as the yair fight he beats Holloway and If Holloway stays patient and boxes he'll win a decision or a late tko stoppage ( highly doubt that tho given Edgars past )..

Back