Overeem competition appreciation thread

Always liked Overeem-starting in pride- even liked the cocky phase. What top guys hasn't he fought or wanted to?

One of my favorite fighters from the PRIDE era. He might not always win, but he always has a chance to win with his power and win or lose, somebody is going down! Also, one of the scariest looking fighters ever.

Yup totally.

That's why he was ducking harder than Conor McGregor after he got his Strikeforce belt.

How many years did it take him to defend that again?

Is this the equivalent to giving children a trophy for just competing?

And winning

alistair-overeem.jpg

Big fan of Overeem. Love his fighting style. Love his documentaries (The Reem). I wish he won the UFC heavyweight title, I think he would of been one of the greatest heavyweight fighters of all time. I dunno where he goes from here but it might be time to wrap it up, too many KO/TKO losses.

The Reem has been a JBG favorite for a long time
<{JustBleed}>

Always loved Overeem! He is an amazing fighter that almost always finishes his opponents...or gets finished. He has awesome striking to go along with his lethal submission skills. He is probably one of the most, if not the most, well-rounded fighter in HW history. I always appreciate well-rounded fighters more than these one dimensional shit talkers.

Thread is ironic since Reem spent most of his career crushing cans juiced to the gills.

Reem is the shit. We're going to miss fighters like him in the future...

Well you're saying it like he hasnt done anything worthy to deserve it.
In context to the thread, the OP states that we should still celebrate him losing left and right because he still is competing at the highest level. We should also commend him for not being up with the competition he's going against, simply because he's still competing. So in that context, people give children trophies because they competed in sporting events. Commending them for trying and essentially what the OP states is deserved. So I made a silly connection to that.

Joke ruined.

In context to the thread, the OP states that we should still celebrate him losing left and right because he still is competing at the highest level. We should also commend him for not being up with the competition he's going against, simply because he's still competing. So in that context, people give children trophies because they competed in sporting events. Commending them for trying and essentially what the OP states is deserved. So I made a silly connection to that.

Ahhhh now i kinda get where you're coming from.

I think OP meant despite all the losses, reem has accomplished what no other fighters could have and even after all these knockout losses, still hungry to compete( and make big money) and dominate at the highest level

Very well said!! totally agree with you. Overeem has always fought the best in MMA and kickboxing and never backed down from a challenge. Win or lose he always showed up and did his best.

Overeem vs Cain is the fight to make. Give Overeem that chance at one more massive win on his already insane resume while also giving Cain a winnable fight that will tell us exactly where he is physically.

Back