Overeem defies retirement calls: 'I'm already in the gym.'

can disagree with it all you want at least hes a guy whose fought top contenders his whole career and not once cherry picked opponents - except for the time he cherry picked ngannou to try and get a title fight

absolute legend reem can retire when reem wants

Overreem gets basically a million dollars a fight. He's been just showing up for a paycheck for awhile IMO.
Disagree. Dude's still a championship-level fighter because he trains harder than ever and is chasing the belt. Just showing up for a paycheck is like Rashad.

Overreem gets basically a million dollars a fight. He's been just showing up for a paycheck for awhile IMO.
I don't know if he's just showing up for a paycheck but whether he realizes it or not he is well past his prime at like 37. He has lost a LOT of speed, reflexes, and power in the last 2-3 years. He probably still thinks he can win fights against anyone but also has a hard time turning down the huge paychecks. I think he's still training hard to win but just physically isn't what he once was.

I don't know if he's just showing up for a paycheck but whether he realizes it or not he is well past his prime at like 37. He has lost a LOT of speed, reflexes, and power in the last 2-3 years. He probably still thinks he can win fights against anyone but also has a hard time turning down the huge paychecks. I think he's still training hard to win but just physically isn't what he once was.
Reem has a huge ego, anyone that thinks he shows up for a check is plain wrong.

giphy.gif

Christ! Look at how the impact from the hammerfist shoots his feet up in the air.

Poor Reem. I wish he would retire.

He can still put on a lot of fun fights. He has only lost to Stipe and Ngannou in the last 3 years, everyone else he has beat.

He can still beat a lot of the guys in the top 10 I reckon. His chin and durability have never been good, but I honestly believe any fighter on the entire UFC roster in any weight class would have got knocked out cold too if Ngannou landed that punch on them, it was brutal power and force.

It's a blessing in disguise the way his brain shuts off like it does. He'd be a vegetable otherwise.
Great career.

And people say Overeem has no heart.

Most people would have given up long ago.

who are we to judge that guy?

seriously

#WarReem

We are fans of MMA that actually care about a fighter's well being and really don't want Overeem to end up like Goodridge or worse....even the staunchest of Overeem fans have to be concerned about his brutal KO losses that have spanned more than a decade....

And people say Overeem has no heart.

Most people would have given up long ago.

Overeem's smugness kicks back in almost immediately after a loss. That's not the same as having "heart".

He left himself wide open, no hand up, for Francis’s uppercut from NASA

It's insane how many times this guy has been KO'd. I wonder how the damage compares to a boxer who has been fighting for 30 years, but with fewer outright KOs. Scary.

Reem could probably use a sports psychologist. I think he panicked in that fight, he pretty much gave him the KO.

What concerns me is that the last fight was the first one were his technical skill& fight iq seemed to diminish a lot.

If thats permanent just retire. Had in times a defensive posture like Travis Brown aka very bad.

Calm down Russell. That's not what fluke means.

fluke1
flo͞ok/
noun
  1. unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.

Man it sure was an unlikely chance occurrence for Bisping to get a title shot based on a combination of multiple factors having to go right.

Seems like a fluke.

Back