Overhead press excercise for shoulder strength

Now the chin-ups thing. I don't recall the exact figure but I could crank up something like 20 or more Chin-ups as a 15 year old. It also made me beat grown ups at arm wrestling:D

I had no training and ate nothing in school. Skinny little bitch.
So... if a troll isn't funny, then, what kind of troll does he make?

Buy a barbell, which weighs about 45 pounds. Buy a couple of plates a month and after a year or so you will have enough weights to do most things.
Two 2.5 pound plates
Four 5 pound plates
Two 10 pound plates
Two 25 pound plates
As many 45's you need to do whatever weight you are at.

Why is that better than using my heavy bag (39lbs) to lift?
Because both of your arms are pressing equal weight at all times. I’m just trying to help you, not everything requires deep thought. Getting good at perfect form military pushups will help as well.

Because both of your arms are pressing equal weight at all times. I’m just trying to help you, not everything requires deep thought. Getting good at perfect form military pushups will help as well.

But that's not the issue. I was ridiculed for lifting too light weights, and now you suggest even less. Who am I to believe?

Still just 35lbs per arm.

....but 35 per arm, is > 39 for both arms. Not hard math man lol.

If you want to get stronger, pick an excercise. And progressively add more weight. It's not rocket science. If you actually WANT to get stronger, and you work towards it you will. If you don't? Well you'll stay weak and constantly wonder which program you should be on, and why that program didn't work for you.

Jesus spacetime is trolling the S&C forum now? This guy is a known troll in the standup forum.

The effort it takes from the legs is. negligable. I base that on the fact that my arms and shoulders get tired from punching a heavy bag, not the legs.

Also, to keep the shoulder strong is Important in order to maintain and nurture a good jab.

“A gym instructor told me that longer repetitions with small weights will build enduring muscles, which what I am looking for in boxing. Not big ones. And 39lbs is small weights”

Sounds like you already know the answers lol..why ask us?

Your arms and shoulders aren’t getting tired because of lack of strength..they are getting tired because of lack of endurance..gaining muscle won’t help that ,in fact it would hinder it in the long run.

I liked 5 pound weights in each hand, And shadow box with them in sprints .

“A gym instructor told me that longer repetitions with small weights will build enduring muscles, which what I am looking for in boxing. Not big ones. And 39lbs is small weights”

Sounds like you already know the answers lol..why ask us?

Your arms and shoulders aren’t getting tired because of lack of strength..they are getting tired because of lack of endurance..gaining muscle won’t help that ,in fact it would hinder it in the long run.

I liked 5 pound weights in each hand, And shadow box with them in sprints .

I was wondering if the weight was too light

Back