Overlooked gems

zapataxiv

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Fights that have fallen to the wayside but are still a barrel of monkeys

1]

i like this one because of how gutsy zaragoza went out. but it really is the same way morales went out against maidana.

great fight i could see a an argument for castillo beating sanchez

I post this fight in every thread like this-

This is non stop action.

Zaragoza - Banke 1 & 2
Quiroga - Anifowoshi
Monshipour - Sitchachawal
Gonzalez - Letterlough
Caveman Lee - Lo Cicero
Murphy - Mutti

Zaragoza - Banke 1 & 2
Quiroga - Anifowoshi
Monshipour - Sitchachawal
Gonzalez - Letterlough
Caveman Lee - Lo Cicero
Murphy - Mutti
This is like a throwback post from the era you had to buy old fights on VHS to watch them. :D

Not overlooked, really, but such a war that I felt it could use more eyes.

A recent heavyweight fight involving two non-American/UK/Klitschko fighters that featured 90% skilled mid-range and inside fighting with an electric atmosphere, hotly contested until a decisive highlight reel finish. Painfully overlooked for probably obvious reasons.

A recent heavyweight fight involving two non-American/UK/Klitschko fighters that featured 90% skilled mid-range and inside fighting with an electric atmosphere, hotly contested until a decisive highlight reel finish. Painfully overlooked for probably obvious reasons.

Nice. I've long touted that fight. I thought Takam might win it when it was happening.

Lyle - Shavers
Benn - Barkley (don't blink)
Cotto - Torres
Gomez - Pintor (one of my favorite fights ever)
Wlodarczyck - Chakhiev

Bowe vs Golota 2, AKA The Nutcracker Suite... :D

Golota blasted Bowe's balls badly in both fights. Golota still annoys me to this day. He was on the verge of victory and pressed the self destruct button twice.

Not overlooked, really, but such a war that I felt it could use more eyes.

I read an interview with Holyfield where he said he was intimidated by Qawi in the build up. He was still in his early twenties, going into his first big fight, while Qawi was a fully grown man who'd been to prison.

Nice. I've long touted that fight. I thought Takam might win it when it was happening.

I thought there was a good chance of that too, Jay. Povetkin being heavier handed and having shorter shots may have been the difference. Takam is a pretty damn good heavyweight but when it got toe-to-toe close, a lot of his shots that were landing properly with his knuckles with 3-4 inches more room, they started to not turn over and land straight, turning into more of a slap, even though he had his weight loaded behind it. The atmosphere at the fight was great too.

I'll throw in a lower level fight that we just happened to get televised that turned into a gem: Maurice Harris and Derrick Jefferson.

Both Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Marvin Johnson fights are pretty intense.

Back