Overuse of probation.

Liberals are getting sicker and sicker each day.

They create these messes and just keep pushing.

Wtf are wrong with them

what's the solution?

build EVEN MORE prisons?

be nice if people just stopped being shitbags, but I digress

All joking aside, it's impossible to address the mess that is our broken criminal justice system without touching on the high levels of criminality in American cultures. America produces a lot of criminals, many of them violent.

Most incarcerated society in the world and conservatards want more people in prison? Just so their masters in the private prison industry can get even richer off human misery?

All joking aside, it's impossible to address the mess that is our broken criminal justice system without touching on the high levels of criminality in American cultures. America produces a lot of criminals, many of them violent.
That's true, look at the criminal we have as president.

Step 1: Eliminate plea bargains. Its a bullshit tactic used by prosecutors who know they cant win at trial to get something out of nothing knowing most defendents will cave rather than risk trial. Doubly helps those with public defenders since they dont give a shit about you being innocent or not, they just want you to take a deal so they dont have to spend more time on your case.

Step 2: Fast track the process. 3-4 months till trial. Takes any longer, charges dismissed.

Step 3: All or nothing jury votes. Either all 6/12 say you're guilty, or you get to walk away. And no do-overs either, the court gets one shot at a guilty verdict so no more of this re-trial bullshit to drag it out more or try to force a plea deal.

There, solved a whole shitload of problems with the justice system.

Keep worshiping a lying crook, that's a real issue.

I was discussing the American criminal justice system. You are the one who is obsessed and deflected the conversation.

I wasn't worshiping anyone, nor is that a real issue. It's liberal projection for the most part. You should start a thread on it if you see it as a pressing matter. Tag me and we will discuss.

Step 1: Eliminate plea bargains. Its a bullshit tactic used by prosecutors who know they cant win at trial to get something out of nothing knowing most defendents will cave rather than risk trial. Doubly helps those with public defenders since they dont give a shit about you being innocent or not, they just want you to take a deal so they dont have to spend more time on your case.

Step 2: Fast track the process. 3-4 months till trial. Takes any longer, charges dismissed.

Step 3: All or nothing jury votes. Either all 6/12 say you're guilty, or you get to walk away. And no do-overs either, the court gets one shot at a guilty verdict so no more of this re-trial bullshit to drag it out more or try to force a plea deal.

There, solved a whole shitload of problems with the justice system.

I like one and two. Unanimous jury decisions are already required in criminal trials. Or is that on a state by state basis? Every jury I was on needed to be unanimous to convict.

I like one and two. Unanimous jury decisions are already required in criminal trials. Or is that on a state by state basis? Every jury I was on needed to be unanimous to convict.

I thought some states could require only a majority decision, but it seems that aside from Oregon and Louisiana all states require a unanimous jury in criminal trials. But civil trials only require a majority.

I think thats how it works at least.... Correct me if Im wrong.

Take the worst 20% (And I use that number arbitrarily. It could be 25% I don't care) in prison. The absolute worst scumbags you see. I am not talking about someone doing 20 years for distribution. I am talking about guys doing "life". Just execute them. It isn't personal. It isn't some kind of revenge fantasy. It is just resource distribution.

What do we do with dangerous dogs? We put them down. Same concept. These same people who have no business in society, often with hundreds of year sentences, are doing us no favors. And it is actually counter productive to have them around the non-violent offenders. These are the people who make our animal factories.

Just get rid of them. Suddenly 20% more space.

Elect me Emperor and you will see a sudden shift in the attitudes of criminals.

Bullets are pretty cheap; wonder if it’d make compost cheaper too.
Sure. It deals with a lot of issues. Taxation for dealing with multiple repeat offenders, removes the ‘unrehabilitable’, overpopulation, unemployment, respurce scarcity, welfare usage due to unemployment, etc. Would also put the fear of God in some people so they stop doing stupid shit because there is a realistic chance they end up dead and not three meals and a warm bed.

Aww, yes, the classic "bullets are cheap" argument.

Really, this is the ultimate example of "makes sense as long as you don't think about it" type of solutions cooked up by the intellectually lazy.

Aww, yes, the classic "bullets are cheap" argument.

Really, this is the ultimate example of "makes sense as long as you don't think about it" type of solutions cooked up by the intellectually lazy.

<YeahOKJen>

Let me know when you actually want to present something instead of shit posting but them yellows tell me that won't happen.

<YeahOKJen>

Let me know when you actually want to present something instead of shit posting but them yellows tell me that won't happen.

Present something?

It's not my job to teach you basic civics. Look up the concept of due process, as well as statistics on recidivism, enforcement disparities, and criminal justice spending and outcomes relative to punitive sentencing guidelines.

Then be rightfully embarrassed and don't make a stupid post again on subjects on which you're uninformed.

The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Just how big of prison population would satisfy you TS?

Present something?

It's not my job to teach you basic civics. Look up the concept of due process, as well as statistics on recidivism, enforcement disparities, and criminal justice spending and outcomes relative to punitive sentencing guidelines.

Then be rightfully embarrassed and don't make a stupid post again on subjects on which you're uninformed.

So you have nothing. Thanks. I'll just put you on ignore fucking terrible shitposter. :D

There are plenty of schools and every child has a chance to get an education. Many choose not to and embark on a life of crime. The harsh penalties of the past certainly decreased the number of people with a genetic disposition to ignore societies rules.

Wait, what?

Can you give a few examples of people or groups with a "genetic disposition to ignore societies rules"?

Sure. It deals with a lot of issues. Taxation for dealing with multiple repeat offenders, removes the ‘unrehabilitable’, overpopulation, unemployment, respurce scarcity, welfare usage due to unemployment, etc. Would also put the fear of God in some people so they stop doing stupid shit because there is a realistic chance they end up dead and not three meals and a warm bed.

Yes, and thanks for applying some common sense. I hate the idea of jail. It is 2018 and jail is the best we can come up with? It is the adult version of "go stand in the corner".

Violent rapists, kid fuckers, murderers, etc should all be shot dead the very day their guilt is proven. I am talking about situations when there is no doubt, like those that do the mass shootings, or that guy who ran over all the people in Toronto. The process should be very clear: apprehend, establish guilt, torture for information, harvest organs, kill. No death row for ten years, no appeal, no more spending my money to house, clothe, and feed some piece of shit.

We also need to be executing the corrupt more frequently. Government employees, politicians, cops, etc who are caught blatantly abusing power should also be executed. If there are no great consequences for improper actions, then there is no deterrent and the behaviour will continue to happen.

These bleeding hearts that are against the death penalty piss me off. I am tired of paying for these monsters to eat and watch tv, if you support keeping them alive then your taxes should go up and mine should be lowered.

Also, need to stop arresting people for stupid, harmless things. Drug possession and consumption shouldn't be a crime.
I also support good rehab programs. First time offenders for minor crimes shouldn't go to jail, they should go to a work camp. Hard labour for 6 months minimum, military type boot camp. Once they show progress, 6 months classroom training, get them skills and an updated resume.

Back to the OP- 3 strike rule should apply here. Armed robbery 3 times? Damn, I would consider eliminating that guy after the first offense. If everyone knows the rules, there should be no excuses. Also, excessive use of probation is just being lazy and a result of a convoluted judicial system in my opinion- much like plea bargains.

Maybe stop sending people to jail for non-violent crimes so that they arent so crowded?

Back